• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] FD2 - retooled

Anyone aware of another mold that uses the teebird bottom at all? Teebird, T3... FD2 retooled. That's it, right?

I am intrigued if for no other reason than this.

Short video that shows you just how much overstability the retooled FD2 has compared to current run FD, 2nd run, and flat FR FD2. Plus there is a fun kid at the end (use subtitles and check out the description too).

Hearing some positive feedback on the protos on the fb group. Anyone here throwing and liking it? Are they coming out flat as the description says?

My proto has the same flight as the shimmer. Not a bad thing, ive snagged quite a few flick birdies thanks to that consistent fade. But it is far from 2nd run flight still.

I think part of the hype to the second runs was that they were still fds and felt like fds in the hand.

Personally I think an L style bottom wing feels better in the hand than a traditional X shape for a forehand throw. So to have something with the more comfortable feel but not flippy was a good combo. For that reason I liked the original fd2, I thought it felt weird in the hand backhand, but a flatter fd2 is an awesome flick disc.

its completely different. the old fd2 was a fd bottom with a whippet top. the new fd2 is a teebird bottom with a fd3 top which is a modded firebird top with the starfire nose configuration

its completely different. the old fd2 was a fd bottom with a whippet top. the new fd2 is a teebird bottom with a fd3 top which is a modded firebird top with the starfire nose configuration

:\ that's a lot to digest.

So did discmania and Innova just forget how they made the 2nd run FD? Why reinvent it with a different top and bottom, and just make it how they made it the 1st (2nd) time?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Its a run, not a mold. All the minutiae of that specific run will never happen again. Although, I wonder, why havent they tried running it in max wt blizzard. Maybe in luster too, since that is commonly pretty stiff. (Though the luster fds werent too stable. But they didnt have the bubbles)