• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Innova Stuff

You guys are doing a lousy job of selling me on upgrading any of my discs from shite (DX) or near shite (Pro) plastic.

I have a non-F2 pro valk that's been in the bag for more than a year now that only has minimal signs of wear. Only in the last month or so did it finally start standing up from hyzer (assume no headwind).

You guys are doing a lousy job of selling me on upgrading any of my discs from shite (DX) or near shite (Pro) plastic.

I have a non-F2 pro valk that's been in the bag for more than a year now that only has minimal signs of wear. Only in the last month or so did it finally start standing up from hyzer (assume no headwind).
non f2

why did you overpay

non f2

why did you overpay
I think that was my last non-F2 purchase. Now the only discs I'm paying full price for are wizards and whatever wins out between A2 and Justice for the overstable end of my mid lineup. Oh, and gstar Firebird. Still haven't seen those in F2.

I think they've finally perfected their glow game with both the Proto Glow AviarX3 and a Champ Color Glow Rollo. I noticed both still glowing bright in the middle of the night after hours of being in the dark.

The Proto Glow AviarX3 feels in between K1 and K1 Soft if you've felt those. It's mellow for an AviarX3, but I prefer the soft feel for backhands.

Also got a second run of the Soft Pro Firefly (with the updated stamp w/firefly). It is more firm than the first run and a bit more tacky/shiny. Seems like they're still tweaking the plastic to me, but I guess it could be a normal variation. The first run is a true cold weather disc in my opinion.

I think they've finally perfected their glow game with both the Proto Glow AviarX3 and a Champ Color Glow Rollo. I noticed both still glowing bright in the middle of the night after hours of being in the dark.

The Proto Glow AviarX3 feels in between K1 and K1 Soft if you've felt those. It's mellow for an AviarX3, but I prefer the soft feel for backhands.

Also got a second run of the Soft Pro Firefly (with the updated stamp w/firefly). It is more firm than the first run and a bit more tacky/shiny. Seems like they're still tweaking the plastic to me, but I guess it could be a normal variation. The first run is a true cold weather disc in my opinion.
Hope we see some Proto Glow Star or Champ Roc3s & Jays in the same or similar blend as the Salonen AviarX3.

I'm curious the durability of the Proto Glow Star (non-Halo) for faster speed driver molds. The softer champion/star glow has always seemed to come out in putter & mid ranges.

if anyone is following my latest blog about the amazon driver who ran over my f2 sw

i over bent it back and threw it in my trunk cuz who cares

i threw it over the weekend and it is back to its normal stability

you can still see the crease and stretch marks and concave spot and it has a wave

def an oddity

Got a new BarsbEagle in the champion color glow halo plastic (ccgh?). Plastic is pretty sexy - kinda gummy and flexy and glows brighter than any Innova I've ever seen. I don't really play night golf but CG is my favorite plastic, this stuff feels nice.

Kinda expensive but I dig Barsby and Eagles.

Same approved rim width as Wraith, Mamba, & Mystere which are marketed as 11 speeds? The Gorgon gets 10 speed alongside the Beast. Maybe some rounding by the PDGA approved spec for all these discs plus a slightly more blunt edge for the Gorgon (higher Rim Configuration spec).

Kinda similar specs to the Millennium ES1 but the rim profiles don't really look similar.

I like the Star Gorgon stamp more than the GStar but both are well done.

I'll definitely be interested in throwing one when someone local gets one, but I'm not going out of my way to buy one. I'm wondering how that's going to feel in the hand, since it looks somewhat similar to a wider Chameleon...but the -2,1 flight numbers have me worried a bit.

^I wish The Chronicles of Amazon Sidewinder was a Casey tale lol
I had one of oldest companies still selling disc golf discs, Discovering The World from Colorado sent a disc all over USA and when it came to me disc had a dent in it from UPS driver having a very heavy items corner on disc. However, the almost G--Star like Star shark was indeed made in a between plastic given grip and feel of disc feeling off, so summer heat had nothing to do with plastic being flexible only setting in for good my dent due to heat and time spent being crushed in a corner. Back in 2017 or 2918.

Also no or 0 amazon company drivers are in South Dakota becuse of odd laws due to a state court ruling not allowing companies to force a uniform on a contracted company working for another and also no Amazon Wherehouse's in South Dakota, not enough people for working at such a place.

Yes, I know State ruling was for a Landscape company working on a Construction crews site trying o force landscape to wear construction crews uniform becuse of visibility and Landscape place won becuse however an injury happened mandating South Dakota OSHA rules be followed in Landscape Companies working on Construction sites as do Construction crews because just hi vis yellow/green shirts is not enough.

Last edited:
Same approved rim width as Wraith, Mamba, & Mystere which are marketed as 11 speeds? The Gorgon gets 10 speed alongside the Beast. Maybe some rounding by the PDGA approved spec for all these discs plus a slightly more blunt edge for the Gorgon (higher Rim Configuration spec).

Kinda similar specs to the Millennium ES1 but the rim profiles don't really look similar.

I like the Star Gorgon stamp more than the GStar but both are well done.
I may be able to shed some light on that; somewhere around the mid-to-late 2000s something changed either with how PDGA measured discs or maybe the plastics that Innova used for discs and discs that previously would've measured 2.0cm started measuring 2.1cm, 2.1 became 2.2 and so on.

If we look at the list of PDGA approved molds with 2.0 to 2.1cm rim width and measure them we get these results:

MoldPDGA rim widthMeasured rim width
Wraith2.12.16
Invictus2.12.07
Mamba2.12.05
Mystere2.12.02
Starfire L (SL)2.02.04
Monarch2.1UNKNOWN
Beast2.02.04
Monster2.0UNKNOWN
Starfire2.02.07
Orc2.02.05

As you can see they're all in the 2.02-2.07 range aside from the Wraith, which is the only 2.1-measured mold on that list from pre-2010 that I have actual measurements for. So if anything the Mamba and Mystere are the outliers in being called 11 speeds.

The Mamba and Mystere are both very shallow and understable molds that fly quite far for low effort, which might explain them being marketed as 11-speeds. Also, the Invictus was originally billed as an 11 speed before being changed to a 10 speed. Regardless, I think it's likely that the Gorgon fits better in with 10 speeds based on its rim width, though the distance might be similar to that of the Mystere and Mamba if it is quite gildey and understable.

Very mild ADD and a Mid level Aspbergers.

I'm just kidding bud. Glad you're posting again.

They don't have Amazon in SD? That's kind of crazy when you think about it. I can see no warehouses but no drivers? Those plains states are different, that's for sure. Just a lot of nothing.

i took the bait and googled it

apparently rapid city is getting one

sioux falls also has one

i couldnt see any other cities being "worth it" to amazon

Latest posts