• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

05/26/10 Hole of the Day

toothyfish

* Ace Member *
Järva Discgolf Park Stockholm, Kista, Sweden

Hole 14 - 629 ft par 4.

I assume long tee. Only RED tee distance is given and on the map RED is long, WHITE is short

5b4e2824.jpg

It's Sweden...I'm going with an Opto Striker over the small trees on the right to hit that open fairway spot...probably about 400+ but it looks a bit downhill.

I'll bite with the It's Sweden train of though:

Westside Northman! I'm going on a much lower straighter line, and trying to be in roughly the same place, I'll be shooting at least two in order to get the up.

Second shot *might* be a hyzer over those trees with a striker if I'm close enough... if not I'll either be shooting a buzz through the gap, or throwing a pig over the hyzer line for the upshot.

\/\/

It's Sweden. I'll throw my Opto Vision with a bit of hyzer.

Edit: I might throw my Champ Viking. If it was Norway, that's definitely what I'd throw.

Depending on wind conditions, I'd most likely throw a roc - takes out a lot of the huge fade you're going to get on a downhill shot with a driver.

Ha! I knew the one earlier would go away! So I saved my creative juices for the updated pic of the day. Hmmm Would I be playing before or after drinking the local goat milk which gives you rediculous Swedish feats of distance?

Since its down hill and open; I am going to throw my beat DX Valk RHBH with a full on hyzer angle aimed about 50' left of the baske; let it flip up and do its thing heading right and I've never thrown the disc at a hole this open and down hill so I wonder if it eventually will start to come back. Might just get some distance I've never had before but will have to clean up after that.

It's Sweden. Pro Boss. Keep it low. Aim a little right. Try to land where the approach picture was taken.

Wraith, hopefully get down to the open area for an easy up and down.

Flippy Eagle or SOLF out to the right to compensate for the fade on the throw. It also looks like you can miss right and still have a pretty good OH shot at the pin.

If the wind is crazy or something I would just FH a pred out there to finish to the right side since that seems like the bail out area.

It's Sweden. LHBH

Throw an Avenger SS with some hyzer, flip up, turn left, and than come back right

I think I'm going flip my Star Valk. Because of the downhill (and assuming I can get the GD nose down), I should be able to get 400' out of it. Approach with the Z Buzzz. And finish him (SUBZERO WINS!) with the Aviar, carding the birdie.

I think I'm going flip my Star Valk. Because of the downhill (and assuming I can get the GD nose down), I should be able to get 400' out of it. Approach with the Z Buzzz. And finish him (SUBZERO WINS!) with the Aviar, carding the birdie.

Good thinking, but you actually monkey pawed the valk, having it turn over into a roller going 300 ft right. you than threw the buzzz against your better judgement, only because you said you'd throw the buzzz next and hit a tree 100 ft in front of you, without it coming down.

You than debated that the two meter rule was not in effect, and that I could go F myself. after calling you for a warning and stroke on the language, i decided not to press the issue on the 2 meters. what you didn't notice was that I called "clock" and had to stroke you again for going over the alloted time to get your buzzz back (and i'm not sure why you took so long, since it didn't seem to fly that well for you anyway).

you than had a decent up shot (i think it was lucky, but no biggie) with your other buzzz. good run on your putt but like usual was short (TWSS), for a drop in 5 +2 penalty strokes for a 7.

i couldn't stop laughing, even after you said "what happens in sweden stays in sweden". you than killed me since you are much bigger than me, and only got caught after selling my discs on ebay

Where is Searchingfordistance when you need him. I'd put a QJLS down the gut. Roc on a hyzer line around the trees for a chance at a birdie.

If there's no wind or a tail wind I'd go with a hyzer flipped Vision. If I don't like the looks of it due to the wind I'd use a PD of some sort.

I'm thinking I would RHBH with my Monarch or if I was in a RHFH mood I'd throw the Rogue...although, because it's sweded, I may have ot toss the Opto Vision...BH or Fh, doesn't matter, it's Sweden!

Pro Boss with as much as I can put on it and have it turn over and then come on back I'd hope. If I sucked up the previous holes I'd probably stick to my star or pro leopard and get a solid 200-250 and try to get down the hill first.