• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

1 round 2 discs, what would you throw?

Very though decision. I would go with my 169g Z Avenger (Fairly straight and can handle winds) and my 171g Z Buzz (Money for anything under 250.)

Timko said:

Hahah, nice.

Funny thing is a lot of what he says reminds me of myself. :shock:

I can throw flat top mids 350, but rarely use my mids. Yesterday I parked 300 to 325 foot holes with my putter. 350 I feel more comfortable with a fairway driver. My buzz can go that far but it's a little less predictable at that distance. Unless it's an unusual line in the 275-325 foot range I really don't have much occaision I reach for my buzz. Gonna try playing without it again today. I'm goin with my sig for the time being.

He wasn't very friendly though, :lol:

u can hate but i demonstrate, u hurd?

Pure gold.

I play speed golf quite regularly and always carry 2 discs when doing so.

My Champ Orc/Magic combo gives me the best scores.

I frequently outplay my slow rounds with these speed rounds, I guess I need to try not to overthink shots.

Course unseen, this:
discspeed said:
Soft Ion and seasoned S-PD.

If I already knew the course then it could very well change. For example, my most played course I would be a little short with my Ion on a lot of holes, but they're all parkable with my Buzzz, and there very little need (3 holes from the longs) for the PD on it.

I'd use a TL and a SS Wizard. If I have a medium Ion in hand and had some practice with it it might be a smart replacement for the wizard.

Depends on the course.

On a bombing course I would use a Star Destroyer and a Wizard.
On a middle course or mixture of the two I would use an Opto Striker and a Wizard.
On a short technical course I would a Mako and a Voodoo.
On a tight, wooded course I would use a Star Teebird and a Voodoo.

I was on the road for work yesterday and a friend had told me about a little 10 hole disc golf course in the town I was traveling to. I had a z tracker and a champ coyote on my desk so I grabbed them before I left. any way 2 boogies a birdy and 7 pars later I was very happy with this 2 disc round. If I had my rhyno I think it would have been even better. I am play in tourny tomorrow and am thinking of playing with just though 3 discs.

I"d go with my worn LE FLX Drone and a nice 175 Champ or Star Eagle....discs I know

Latest posts