• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

11x Or 12x?

Nothaz

Birdie Member
I'm looking to buy another teebird, what is more stable:

11x or 12x?

i thought the rule was:
Clear= Straight with more fade
opaque= Straight with less fade

11x and 12x doesn't matter as much.

In my experience the slightly domier 12x ones have a little less fade to them than a flatter 11x. Also there are a lot of 12x teebirds that have the 11x stamp on them.

from here:

Blake_T said:
there were at least 2-4 runs of 11x champion teebirds.
there's been at least 2 runs of 12x champion teebirds.

and some counsel from here:

Trey133 said:
I like 11's much more than 12's because of the extra stability... but really its all in how you pick them.

Look for clear plastic 11x's with a lower dome and you will find a Teebird that can handle all headwinds and reliably go left (rhbh).
Look for opaque to pearly 11x's with a moderate to low dome and you will find a Teebird that can handle light wind, and work itself into a very LONG control driver.
Find mega opaque 11x's with a higher dome and you're looking at a 12x with the 11 stamp... and well, they just seem squirrely to me, haven't thrown a 12 that I like yet.

For those that like 12x teebirds, try star teebirds... I feel they break into good hyzer flip teebirds better than 12's and feel better. (special mention goes to red star teebirds that I feel are more stable).

chiggins said:
Trey133 said:
I like 11's much more than 12's because of the extra stability... but really its all in how you pick them.

Look for clear plastic 11x's with a lower dome and you will find a Teebird that can handle all headwinds and reliably go left (rhbh).
Look for opaque to pearly 11x's with a moderate to low dome and you will find a Teebird that can handle light wind, and work itself into a very LONG control driver.
Find mega opaque 11x's with a higher dome and you're looking at a 12x with the 11 stamp... and well, they just seem squirrely to me, haven't thrown a 12 that I like yet.

For those that like 12x teebirds, try star teebirds... I feel they break into good hyzer flip teebirds better than 12's and feel better. (special mention goes to red star teebirds that I feel are more stable).

This.