• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

150 Lovers

marmoset said:
NoLifeLeft-
You still liking that Tui?
Short answer, yes. If a 150 Class Z Comet came out I'd drop the Tui before the sentence ended. But in a Comet-less world, it'll suffice.

marmoset said:
How about the Squall?
I was happy enough with the Tui that the Squall went a bit unnoticed. I got a few throws on it and could see it in a Comet shaped void.

marmoset said:
Have you been tempted by that Cobra?
Not really.

marmoset said:
Has anyone ever seen a 150 Coyote? Preferably DX...
According to Innova's site there's no such critter.

I have a stingray I'd be willing to trade. pm if interested. I don't check this thread often.

NoLifLeft said:
marmoset said:
Has anyone ever seen a 150 Coyote? Preferably DX...
According to Innova's site there's no such critter.

Clearwater Disc Golf says they have some DX in stock. I called and they said they were out of them at the moment. I told them I have never heard of them below 160 grams.

I guess I'll call them back in 2 weeks to see if they had any luck in ordering more.

I use 150g discs for drivers only. For mid-range and putters, I may go down into the mid 160s, but I don't really feel the need to do so.

The 150 discs I own are (in no particular order):

11x Champ T-Bird
12x Champ T-Bird
Champ Gazelle X-out
Champ Sidewinder
Champ Valkyrie
Star Leopard
Champ Eagle X-out
Champ Firebird X-out
R-Pro Boss
DX Archangel
DX Beast

Polaris LS
JLS
Orion LS

Avenger SS

NoLifeLeft said:
If a 150 Class Z Comet came out I'd drop the Tui before the sentence ended. But in a Comet-less world, it'll suffice.

Yeah, it stinks being a hybrid Comet lover/150 lover. Those 2 worlds aren't converging right now.

I tuned my 150 S PD to less stable and it's NICE! A wind handling 150. Quite long as well and consistent. I'll have to use it when winds kick up more to see how it handles buffeting.

DGC just got a shipment of utralight Apaches, Blurrs, Illusions, and Speed Demons.

All of them are:
• between 128-150 grams
• S plastic
• $5.99 each

Hey all you 150 cats. Im back with another question.

I drive LHFH and putt/approach LHBH. Ive been super happy with my 150 flick lately, and I love how far I can get it to go compared to my heavier discs. I am thinking about grabbing some more 150 class discs, and need something to fill the turnover driver slot that was previously filled by a beat 165 DX teebird.

I am looking for something for turnover drives in the 150 class. I would like to go with a brand that is preferably NOT Innova, After reading through this thread and am thinking that something like a JLS or XL would fit the bill nicely. I am also intriqued by the 150 avenger. What are all yall's thoughts on these? Any suggestions?

Also, I cant seem do find any putters that I like in 150. Would a throwing 160-161 putter be in the same "spirit" as a 150 putter and have the same benefits? (I like shallow rimmed putters like the XD and Zone, but hate the ryhno...)

Thanks!

150 turnover driver? I like the Champ or Star Leopards, DX Eagles, or any Teebird for this shot (depending on how much natural turning I want from the disc). But you said no Innova. Sooooo... I have some TP Cyclones that do this shot really well. The XL or JLS should work well also but I have to warn you that the QJLS is more overstable and less glidey than I wanted, even @ 150 grams. Millennium plastic is probably the way to go for this mold. Maybe the Impact? IDK, I haven't tried it yet.

I would think the Avenger would have too much stability for the shot you want.

Beat a 150 DX Teebird. Final answer.

As far as putters go: I only have Aviar P'n'As, Rhynos and Polecats so I probably won't be much help there. You can get different plastic blends of the Aviar and cover a wide range of stabilities. The Star Aviar is surprisingly beefy, DX Aviars can be pretty evenly stable if they are soft, and Classic Aviars are a safe bet for getting a stiff Aviar that is slightly overstable. I have a beat DX that was molded in soft plastic and it is really understable and glidey. It's great for soft touch shots.

I used to use several different Aviars but now I use almost all Polecats with a rare Rhyno shot.

I've never had a low 160's putter. All mine are 150 or 168-175. I should mention that I don't have any problems with 150s in the wind if I pay closer attention than normal. The downside is that not many putters are offered in 150 class.

Tossing 150 should help work on nose up problems, and wrist roll and other oat issues right?

So Far in the Bag
150 Star Valk
150 11x Teebird
150 Champ Leopard
150 Champ Roc
160 Challenger

To be added
150 Whippet
150 Flick

Im going to try and use this setup all winter long and im hoping for some form improvement.

I guess im joining the 150 club. I got a 150 Z talon from prime for 5 bucks with my order.

what should i expect??? is it any good??

Paintball1084 said:
...150 Z talon... what should i expect???
I don't know but I liked the regular weight Z Talons. Similar to Preds, they are surprisingly long for their overstablility. I think I liked the X Talons just a lil' better because they were just as fast, grippier, and even longer.

just noticed they have champ 150 firebirds, think i shall purchase a firbird instead of the flick. Or i could try both

I am using the Champ FB right now and it works fine. I haven't found a headwind that will flip it if I throw it properly.

Having said that, I have solidified the rest of my bag so I might audition the Flick against the FB pretty soon.

Right now my core bag is:
Polecats
Rhyno
Rocs
Leopards
Teebirds
OLFs
Firebird

Jackpot!
I have a slew of new discs to try out.

SS Magic
M Wiz
S Wiz
SS Wiz
SS Voodoo
Element
Warrior
Sabre
Apache
Illusion

After only a brief session I think I like the Apache and the surprisingly, the Illusion. I usually don't like the wider rimmed stuff. I got some big bombs out of both of these drivers, especially considering I was standing in 18 inches of snow.

Warrior seems really solid but I need more time with it.

OK, I don't feel like starting another thread just to get a few responses, so here's my questions:

My local PIAS got in a shipment of 150 class RDGA Flathead Cyclones in yellow and pink.

What kind of shots are thses discs good for? How fast doest the plasic beat in? Is there a stability difference between thos 2 colors?

Danforth said:
What kind of shots are thses discs good for?
I have never used this plastic. I have a bunch of 150 TP Cyclones and they are the ultimate "slow fairway driver". Highly versatile, good glide, dependably repeatable, not too nose angle sensitive, not too fast, etc. I could build a bag around Cyclones and a Firebird and do just fine. Cyclones don't start out overstable enough to truly cover all my fairway needs.

Danforth said:
How fast doest the plasic beat in? Is there a stability difference between thos 2 colors?
IDK, but this answer has SkaBob written all over it.