• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

-18 (almost -19) REAL or Memorex???

i'll go with not real- well done vid though.

there was a real 18 down shot in competition at bull run park in manassas va years ago. of course, it's the easiest course i have ever seen- i've played 3 rounds there and shot 15 down every time. every 3 you get feels like a bogey.

i'm going with myth plausible. there's no way to know how many takes it took to make the putts or the drives. However, the guy had the ability to make some great shots, and some 30' putts. Either way, I enjoyed watching. Cool video, thanks for posting.

All the shots are do-able, but I would guess that he had to re-shoot at least one of those putts or re-throw a drive somewhere in there.

I have dial up so it will take about 45 minutes to upload the whole video...but it is titled "how to shoot 18" so that makes me think he showed you his drives (the drive it would take) and putts needed to shoot 18 under, even though it might have taken a few drives to get close enough. Throw in some video editting and it looks like he actually did. It's hard to say though without seeing the video, but that's what I'm thinking.

I guess I land on plausible.
Either way though, he had good shots setting him up, and even when he was outside the 10m line he was still making putts.
It was fun to watch!

I think there had to be multiple takes involved, but it was cool none the less. It looks like an easy course, at least from the tees he was playing. He did hit some long tough putts. And almost got an ace.

There was an Ace video years ago that showed the guy throwing an ace, turning around to take the last drink of coke then throw the coke can over his shoulder and right into the trash can about 20 feet behind him. The story was it took him 30 tries to make the coke can in the trash can but the ace came on the first shot.

I guess I land on plausible.
Either way though, he had good shots setting him up, and even when he was outside the 10m line he was still making putts.
It was fun to watch!

i would go for plausible if it were barry, nikko, feldberg, etc instead of some guy i've never seen before.

Whether its real or not it is still mildly impressive.

Hiestand is more difficult in person, though he did make it look really easy. It looked like he was playing from the shorts on all of the multiple tee holes as well.

Did anyone else think this was going to be a barely legal boob job thread?

Our course record is 42, long tees, mostly short pins, that is -15 and...uh, pardon me while I adjust the knot on this noose....I throw mid 60s. :(

Its looks possible and the guy has some skillz. The camera work and editing is pretty impressive!

The camera work and editing is pretty impressive!

Yeah, this is what has been missing in this discussion so far.

Regardless of how real the scoring was, it was a great way to show the course.

If I had never played Hiestand I would really take a lot away from this video regarding how to attack it.

EDIT: And someone already beat me adding it to the links/files section. Well done.

Last edited:
FREAK Will, aka Hole Five Guy. Way to go Will. I don't know whether it was done in one take or more, but Will's obviously got skills. Those were short tees, and I think short pins as well. Hiestand is a good course from longs; and not bad from shorts. Part of a trio of good courses in Wisconsin's state capital; Madison. Fun town, home of University of Wisconsin, as well. Good music rolls in on a regular basis.

Looks doable. He at least birdied all of the holes, showing they're all getable. Just got to string them together.
DSCJNKY

Yesterday I spoke with Hole5Guys alterego Will Mueller on Facebook and he said that Will couldn't do that, and he didnt think Hole5guy could even do it. Well Maybe!

It was very inspirational for all of the kids out there!

its not all that hard to do that from the shorts and short pins. first time i played there the course was in the shorts and i shot -8 not even knowing the course at all. Im only like a 914 rating so anyone that plays there a lot or is better then me i could see doing this

There is quite a difference between -18 and -8 man. Think about your game, can you find 10 instances where you could have made a better shot?

I play over par and can usually only find 3-4 strokes in my oh so poor game when I look back at what I could have done better....meaning if I throw 65 at a course where people have thrown 42 I can only fathom on how to get to 60...the rest would require a mad increase in skill.

I have played with that guy in the Milwaukee area, and he was very good. It is possible to shoot -18 at that course anyone can have an awesome day.

There is quite a difference between -18 and -8 man. Think about your game, can you find 10 instances where you could have made a better shot?

I play over par and can usually only find 3-4 strokes in my oh so poor game when I look back at what I could have done better....meaning if I throw 65 at a course where people have thrown 42 I can only fathom on how to get to 60...the rest would require a mad increase in skill.

Very well put.

I am the same way, I can only usually find 4-6 strokes that I "left out there".

Latest posts