• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

1st ACE!!!!

i know. there weren't even any putters in the shops last order from innova. oh yeah, and they only stock innova's high end plastic. champ, star, e-star, i think they had one KC pro roc and i bought it the other day. how do you expect a new player to putt using a boss?

haha yeah the last time I went to a shop all I could find was Star Aviars and some drivers. There are some discs that I like best in DX and you can never find them.

Balls to the wall! Whooooooo!

I think it's all the more impressive that he hit an ace with a Boss on a 156' hole, I mean he sacrificed the control and maneuverability of a putter to hit that bad boy.

i think it's awesome

as to the new players thing, i have a friend that I've actually given a few discs to so that he will have a choice and he still pulls out a wraith for 100' chip shots... he just doesn't understand and I'm always like why don't you use the cheetah? ahh well, when you accumulate hundreds of discs you can get kinda like why the hell are you picking that disc or why don't you use this one??? then you just get used to it and let him putt with an orc... whatever

still congrats.. I'm driving near 400' but have no aces

well i see someone beat me to it, but just to reiterate:

no one cares about your ace,
you're a tool for throwing a boss on a 156' hole,
you still suck.

go ace something 456' with your boss

so what is it exactly that you are compensating for, if you don't mind me asking?

you still suck.

I care about his ace and he doesn't suck because a lot of us still haven't gotten an ace. It doesn't matter how long the hole is. An Ace is an Ace. He got to put a one on his scorecard so it doesn't matter. He didnt know any better about the boss because he is new to the game so cut him some slack.

I know this is not the thread for it, but how can we educate people about the right discs for the right job? Some needs to post up a chart for noobs or something. I mean, with all the talk on this board, he didn't know that the Boss was a long range driver?

Congratulations my friend...Looks like you really slammed it in there the way those chains are stuck.

you still suck.

Hey thanks for being a jerk its people like you that make people not want to get involved in this sport, you would rather bag on people then help them understand what they might have done wrong and help the sport grow. im sure when you started someone helped you with your disc selection and as for the hole i cant help that charlotte has short holes its what i have to play on so i play on it.

Hey thanks for being a jerk its people like you that make people not want to get involved in this sport, you would rather bag on people then help them understand what they might have done wrong and help the sport grow. im sure when you started someone helped you with your disc selection and as for the hole i cant help that charlotte has short holes its what i have to play on so i play on it.

I mean an Ace is an Ace I have never gotten one and a lot of my friends haven't but you have Congrats!

I agree with you 100%. Many people don't even have an Ace. It is amazing that you got one. Great Job on the Ace. :thmbup:

http://www.innovadiscs.com/downloads/disc-selection-charts.html

Check out the charts they have...I wouldn't use anything over a speed 9 driver until you can throw a speed 9 300+ feet. On a shot under 200ft you should be using something slow and stable like a mid or putter, they are easier to control. I would take the boss wraith and dragon out of the bag until you can master the slower drivers. Hope this chart helps.

i'll never forget the first time i realized the power of the midrange disc. i was at jones park with a bunch of friends on hole five, which is pretty much straight uphill, short, 187ft, and unobstructed. they always put up money or dinner or cigarettes or something for anyone who can ace the hole, as everyone always gets close. i got the beast out to throw, and a friend said "hey, why are you throwing that? this hole is really short, you should use that roc you have or that buzz". so i said what the hell and let my Z buzz rip with a slight anny off the teepad.

i watched it float to the left a little, flatten out, fly straight, and make a slow fade right towards the basket. i heard people behind me saying "oh man thats good, that looks perfect!" and stuff like that pretty much right as it started its flightpath, so i had a feeling something special was going to happen.

ping! skips off the top of the basket. "OHHHHHH!!!".

the closest i've ever come to an ace and one of the reasons i carry more mid-range and approach discs than drivers