• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2 of each type, what would YOU carry?

Putter-aviar/rhyno
Mids-Roc/roc
Fairway-teebird/leopard
Distance-valkyrie/tl

This is my go to here, plus a roadrunner.

Warlock

Roc

Eagle

Predator

Depending on the course layout. The only things that would change would be the drivers. If it were more wide open I'd go with valks or PD's as my fairway and Wraiths or Bosses for distance.

Putter- Wizzzzarrrdd! x2
Mid Range- Roc and Comet
Fairway- Tracker and 11x T Bird
Driver- Wraith and never produced PD (innova factory)

putters: HPP Wizard & SSS Wizard
midrange: Z Buzzz & ESP Zone
fairway: Champ Teebird 150's & Champ Teebird 167
driver: Champ Orc & Champ 11x fireckn

The categories are a bit off.

How about Putters, Mids, Understable drivers and Overstable drivers:

Putters: Magnet, Rattler
Mids: Buzzz and another Buzzz (one fresh, one broken in)
Understable drivers: Rogue, 1st run Z Tracker
Overstable drivers: Crush, Nuke

Since my bag does not have the artificial limitations of this thread, I'm carrying 5 or 6 Nukes. Since my bag now rests in my cart rather than on my back I'm up to about 25 discs, mostly backups of what I listed above.

Mark Ellis said:
Since my bag does not have the artificial limitations of this thread, I'm carrying 5 or 6 Nukes.
I thought it was about the number of molds, not specific discs. I'd definitely like to carry multiples of everything, preferably in different plastics too. =|

If pressed, could you come up with two fairway and two distance (or control and distance if you prefer) molds that'd take care of your needs?

putters: magnet, magnet
mids: max weight z buzzz, max weight flx drone
fairway: max weight z predator, max weight champ tl
distance: max weight z nuke, max weight first run z predator (further flying than new z pred)

Mark Ellis said:

Since my bag does not have the artificial limitations of this thread, I'm carrying 5 or 6 Nukes. Since my bag now rests in my cart rather than on my back I'm up to about 25 discs, mostly backups of what I listed above.
what happened to the flashes?

jubuttib said:
Mark Ellis said:
Since my bag does not have the artificial limitations of this thread, I'm carrying 5 or 6 Nukes.
I thought it was about the number of molds, not specific discs. I'd definitely like to carry multiples of everything, preferably in different plastics too. =|

If pressed, could you come up with two fairway and two distance (or control and distance if you prefer) molds that'd take care of your needs?

Yes it was about molds.

Also here's my set:

Putter - FR D-P2 / D-P2 Psycho
Mid - FR P-MD2 / C-MD2
Fairway - FR C-TD / FR S-PD
Driver - ES-DS / S-PD2

To be honest the 2 molds per slot limitation isn't a problem at all if you don't "need" several molds for different slots, the molds I specified are pretty much everything I carry in my bag anyhow.

money 21 said:
Mark Ellis said:

what happened to the flashes?

The Flashes were forced out by the topic. So too were the Surge SS, Force, Wasp, Stalker, Zone and Banger GT (which are more situational discs than staples).

A Flash and a Crush are from the same family of discs (Crush, Pulse,Surge, Flash, Surge SS, Rogue) varying from each other primarily in stability. I can take an overstable disc (Crush) and force it over but I cannot take a straight flying disc (Flash) and make it able to fight winds beyond its capacity. So if I had to choose on a permanent basis, rather than based on the windiness of a particular day, I would have to have an overstable control disc. So the Crush is in and the Flash sits on the sidelines.

On power courses, which most courses are in my area, I drive primarily with Nukes for long drives. As I get to understand and control Nukes better I become more and more dependent on them-which is a good thing. But still powering down a Nuke is very difficult. Nukes just want to glide forever. So if I need a shot to go 300 feet and sit down, how in the world can I convince a Nuke to do that? Even if I powered down to say, 80% or 70% power, if I throw it too flat (too perfectly) I will need to send out a search party to find it somewhere past the basket.

Distance control on an overstable disc is relatively easy. Except Nukes. Even overstable Z Nukes glide like crazy. So for distance control the Crush is essential. It is the line that is tough to control for an overstable disc like a Crush because it will always hyzer out as it slows down. A Flash allows me to control both the line and the distance but not into a strong headwind.

If the topic specified 8 different molds, irrespective of category, then the Flash makes the starting lineup, replacing the doubled up Buzzz's.

Putters - 165 and 174 Ions
Mids - Opto Fuse and SP Aftershock
Drivers - Champy-Star PD and Opto Vision
Distance - Domy Opto Flow and a GL Flow

Putters: KC Aviar, Champ Rhyno
Mids: KC Roc, DX Roc
Fairways: Champ Eagle X, DX Eagle X
Distance: Echo Destroyer, Star Xcaliber

If I had to cut my bag down to 8 discs that are allowed by the thread, this is what I would keep:

Champ Glow Aviar/ Rattler (my most thrown disc)
ESP Wasp/ X Comet (second most thrown disc)
KC Pro Eagle X (very old I think?)/ Assassin (I know its not actually a fairway, but that's how I use it)
FLX Surge SS/ Rogue

I seem to throw less stable discs than most of the people I play with.