• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2 Tournaments in 2 days?

This is the most atrocious thing I have ever heard on this forum.

it's quite laughable but chris is a good player so I almost have to believe it. Either that or he is saying it as misinformation so that we will go out and hurt ourselves, thereby reducing his competition. Although he is rated higher than the majority of people on this site, so I doubt he needs to do that.

it's quite laughable but chris is a good player so I almost have to believe it. Either that or he is saying it as misinformation so that we will go out and hurt ourselves, thereby reducing his competition. Although he is rated higher than just about everyone on this site, so I doubt he needs to do that.

absolutely not as misinformation. Since I bought a truck with heated leather seats i've had many people begging to ride with me to tournaments. I get 15mpg and they would pay gas money instead of driving just for the heated seats. Everyone agrees we don't need to be there so early because the seats loosen up our backs and we are never stiff. I hang out with people older than me also.

Do it, you won't die or anything.

If it the DD in DFW you are talking about, hope to make it to the Towne Lake pro/am myself.

No ive never played any of the courses they are about 3-4 hours from my town so this will be a first. Yes it is for experience but i do care about score, i am a very very competitive person. Yes i plan on using my Teebird a lot. I will be playing in the rec division. I played in an ice bowl about 2 weeks ago. These are my first real pdga tournaments, i have an ice bowl on sat but its not pdga but its closer to an actual tournament environment then that other one was.

I find the mental fatigue to be more challenging than the physical when playing back-to-back days. Make sure you stretch and drink lots of water. Staying hydrated helps as much as anything else. I played two ice bowls the weekend before last and felt fine physically when it was over. But my brain definitely felt a little fried.

Have you played both of the courses or will they be new to you? Also I would suggest evaluating why you want to play in them. If it's simply for the experience and for something to do and you don't care about your score, then it's much easier. If you want to do as well as possible score-wise, I would suggest playing a bit more conservative and throwing more mids to help stay on the fairway. Since you are new to the game I assume you will be playing in a lower division. To do well you really just have to play damage control and not rack up tons of dumb strokes and mistakes. Have you played in any tourneys before these?

im 20 so i think ill be alright physically lol what is calluses??
I say boy, it is mentally draining and can be physically too depending on your health, but should be totally doable. For me I have to bring a stool, stay loose, relaxed, well fed, properly hydrated, and good shoes/socks. Also make sure you have calluses on your throwing fingers. Nothing like trying to throw with blisters.

im 20 so i think ill be alright physically lol what is calluses??

Now look a here son, A callus (or callosity) is an especially toughened area of skin which has become relatively thick and hard in response to repeated friction, pressure, or other irritation. Rubbing that is too frequent or forceful will cause blisters rather than allow calluses to form.

I'd make sure you are use to playing two rounds a day. Don't throw the day before, maybe putt. The hard part will be the time. You're last hole each day will be 8 hours after your start. Eat well, drink water. No beer. you'll be fine.
I myself, am doing the Vintage Cup, Two Rounds of 18 saturday, 27 on sunday. Mountain golf. That is on the way,(12 hours) to the Memorial in Arizona. Long courses, one round each day, wednesday, thursday, and friday. Two large tournaments in seven days, 16 hours driving each way.

im going to a tournament on saturday and theres another one like 30 min away on sunday i think its 2 rounds at each tournament. ? is do yall think it will be ok to play that much back to back?
I see someone has never heard of PDGA Worlds. :\

I actually like back to back one day tournaments better than two day tournaments in some instances. If you can't go to one, you can still attend the other. If you do attend both and have a craptastic day at the first event, the scores are reset for the second one.

That being said, under either circumstance, I do have a history of not doing as well on the second day as I would like. For a tourney newbie, it will take some getting used to.

Latest posts