• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 DGCR Horning's Hideout Meet! June 4th and 5th!

Sweet, thanks Matt! :)

Registration is picking up steam, we've got a few more names (DGCR'ers and regular ol' golfers) for the list - still plenty of room though so feel free to just show up Saturday/Sunday or both days :)

Registration is picking up steam, we've got a few more names (DGCR'ers and regular ol' golfers) for the list - still plenty of room though so feel free to just show up Saturday/Sunday or both days :)

What he said. See you Saturday, well Friday night for us. :)

Oh by the way I'm going to be bringing some discs for sale from Chainbangerz and I will have LED lights and glow discs on hand as well.

Last edited:
Hey ya'll a couple quick questions!

Just read you're bringing down some glow discs for sale! This is good news. Deek and Bryan's (Portland Area Outdoor store) only have Glow Aviar P&A's...So any chance you have a Glow Wizard or Glow BB Aviar? Need my bead =)

Second, my friend and I are headed down there this afternoon. Plan on getting setup and playing a few practice rounds, anyone else going to be there today? We're pretty familiar with the course(s) so we can show people around if the need be.

Too late for an edit but just a heads up.

For anyone who hasn't been to Horning's yet, the area is a dead zone for Cellphones, you will probably have trouble finding a signal anywhere on the property, So make sure your friends and family know where you're headed. Here's the number to the house on property (503)647-2920, I'd make sure people had that so you could be gotten a hold of in case of emergency.

Hey ya'll a couple quick questions!

Just read you're bringing down some glow discs for sale! This is good news. Deek and Bryan's (Portland Area Outdoor store) only have Glow Aviar P&A's...So any chance you have a Glow Wizard or Glow BB Aviar? Need my bead =)

You're in luck!!! I am bringing down 2 glow wizards, it is all we had but yours if you want them.

Too late for an edit but just a heads up.

For anyone who hasn't been to Horning's yet, the area is a dead zone for Cellphones, you will probably have trouble finding a signal anywhere on the property, So make sure your friends and family know where you're headed. Here's the number to the house on property (503)647-2920, I'd make sure people had that so you could be gotten a hold of in case of emergency.

Yeah good thinking. I've only gotten cell service at hole 8 on Meadow Ridge standing near the ledge.

Also if you have a travel tag, please bring it! #84 is hanging from my bag and heading down tonight. Looking to trade it for the first time. :)

Sweeeet! I'll def take one of em for sure.

I'll probably get down there around 4PM or so, I've got a Camo Fade Tourney. Mostly Orange, Blue and White discs say hello if anyone wants to play a few rounds.

:) - I'll be posting scores soon and I'll have a short write up later tonight. All in all, we had picture perfect weather, a nice sized group for such a casual tourney, and fun DGCR and non-DGCR peeps to hang out with!

I'll go ahead and weigh in. This was Randy's first PDGA event, and he had a great time. What more can you ask for -- challenging golf, good company, and the nicest weather in eight months?

It was good to meet some of the people you see posting here. It can be difficult when you don't have a face to match to the name, when reading some of the posts. The turnout was enough to be challenging, but not so many that the day was super regimented. People picked their courses, and figured out who they wanted to play with. It was a little challenging because almost everyone wanted to play Meadow the first day, so anyone who was indifferent ended up playing on Canyon, to be sure there was enough for a rating.

Andrew and Thomas brought some CTP prizes, which was a nice surprise. Randy even won a CTP -- second one ever, and first when there were no divisions! He didn't do too well the first day, but more than made up for it the second.

Throwbot was quite interesting to watch. I'm not sure how many teams participated. We got to watch two teams, and it was interesting to see the contrast. One person almost aced a hole blindfolded! On the other team, we were able to see a blindfolded par. They made it look so easy, but I KNOW it's much harder than it looked.

Randy's one regret was that he was too tired to play the glow round. I can't wait to see how people did! I'm not sure I've ever seen anything about a PDGA glow round before.

Thanks a lot, Andrew and Thomas, for organizing!

This was my first PDGA Sanctioned event...Despite posting some ridiculously bad numbers, I had a blast. Glow Golf was awesome and even though I didn't play throwbot everyone who did was raving about how much fun it was.

Big thanks to Andrew and Tom. Let's do this again ya?

Thanks for the early kudos and it was awesome to meet everyone and place some names/faces together :)

Preliminary results are posted on PDGA but please remember these are only preliminary and will probably change a bit when I enter a missing scorecard for Sunday. I will update ASAP when I get it in. The order of scoring is Meadow Ridge, Glow round on Highlands, then Canyon. Both days featured great sunny weather with a little bit of wind that was kind of on/off both days.

As you can see, Shane Johnson was shooting some great golf this weekend and really left the rest of the pack in the dust :thmbup: He also picked up some CTPs along with Dan Brown, Thomas TD, Randy King, Dan Brown Jr., and the other Thomas.

Terry and Jeni Shuler took home the Throwbot title and trophies :clap: after posting a really solid 13 on Canyon holes #1, #2, and #18 - I was happy to see how excited folks were about Throwbot. The Throwbot bug is spreading and it sounds like a few Portlander's might be hosting their own sometime soon! :rockon:

Remember to post those reviews by Friday at noon - I will be posting a list of randomly selected golfers and the first one on the list that has written a review will win the Innova Mini Basket! :hfive:

I had a great time and now my body is paying for it! :)

I really enjoyed meeting some new people and like pltd2001 said, it helps to see the person and put a face to the screen name/avatar.

Remember if you want in on the mini basket raffle, you must post a review of one of the Horning's Hideout courses by TODAY at NOON!! :)

Anyone from Oregon or Washington going to make it down to Toney's Mountain Golf in two weeks?

OK, as promised, here are the results from the mini basket raffle. I just used excel's random generator in case anyone is interested. I need to wait until I get home to verify who (if any) of these folks penned a review for a Horning's courses on DGCR.

I'll go in order *write* down the line and the first one with a review gets the basket. If none of these folks have written one and we need more names, I have everyone in the tourney assigned a random spot on the basket raffle!

Matt Hylton
Michael Trask
Randolph King
Ben Cook
Ryan Fitts

Latest posts