• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 PDGA Pro World Disc Golf Championships: Monterey Bay, California

I can't pay attention to the interview with Liz Lopez crying like a fountain in the shot.

Anyhow, Paige won by three. She was solid in the final, no bogeys. Val had three bogeys. There was your difference.

Just wanted to say that this is amazing to be able to watch! Discgolfplanet.tv does the best job they can at the moment, they will continue to get better and better as disc golf grows. It's very rude and actually idiotic to say this is horrible coverage, if you didn't see day 1 of the worlds, this coverage is absolutley amazing, jonny v is a great commentator!

The coverage is not bothering me. It's not ESPN quality, but you can follow it. No complaints from me.

Doss is up seven with four to play. It's a race for second at this point.

Something I noticed is that the # of viewers stayed between 1,400 and 1,600 during the finals. That's not a lot of eyeballs.

Put it in the books, Nate Doss wins by seven. Anthon and Schusterick tie for second.

Something I noticed is that the # of viewers stayed between 1,400 and 1,600 during the finals. That's not a lot of eyeballs.
I wonder if the shaky performance of the video kept people away.

Probably also have to consider:
1. Outside the Pacific time zone it is later and people might have Saturday evening plans.
2. Some folks may have had their own tournament to go to today.
3. Others pretty much thought the finals were pretty much a victory lap for ND, so they weren't all that compelled to watch.

I wonder if the shaky performance of the video kept people away.

Probably also have to consider:
1. Outside the Pacific time zone it is later and people might have Saturday evening plans.
2. Some folks may have had their own tournament to go to today.
3. Others pretty much thought the finals were pretty much a victory lap for ND, so they weren't all that compelled to watch.

or maybe theres just not that many of us who care

or maybe there's just not that many of us period.

With those kind of numbers, the "big time" is a long way off.

Note, there's a Little League baseball regional championship between Nebraska and South Dakota on ESPN right now. Men's tennis from Montreal on ESPN 2. I'm sure those are both garnering big ratings.

this, but in addition i know a lot of DGers that aren't internet whores like myself and many people on this forum

you have to pretty comfortable sitting in front of a pc for long periods of time to of enjoyed watching this coverage.

most people (DGers and non) aren't willing to stare at computer screen even when it's something they love. you have to be super comfortable with using computers imo and that's the main reason the viewer count was always 1400-1600

Probably. I mean, you can get 2,000 people to watch an 0-9 high school football team play here on a public access channel with horrible production in a town of less than 15,000. If more people will watch a terrible high football game in podunk Missouri than will watch the finals of the disc golf World's Championships, that tells you something.

I'm not sure what, but something.

SO many people complain about the broadcast, the shaky camera, the sniffling, but what they dont realize is they could have nothing to watch and it boggles my mind why they focus on the issues they are having with the broadcasts rather than just watching the game. I seriously wanted to pucnh a couple dozen people on the chat!!!

Latest posts