• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2012 Worlds Completely Filled!

Any hints about what will be in the players packs yet? Any idea if there will be areas for smoking set up on the course (except for the parks it is illegal in)?

Thanks.

Sorry if it was unclear but this question was directed toward the tournament organizers.

Is anyone playing Bailey for Worlds?

Does anyone EVER play Bailey? Outside of glow league?

Yea Juniors and really old folks

Bailey's not a bad course and has some fun holes. and I'd agree with nuke that it would be fighting for most played along with reedy and I would guess Eager Beaver. Lots of chuckers.

I'll call.

Who ya gonna call?

Yea Juniors and really old folks

Bailey's not a bad course and has some fun holes. and I'd agree with nuke that it would be fighting for most played along with reedy and I would guess Eager Beaver. Lots of chuckers.

I work near Bailey, and I'll go out there on occasion after work to play a putter only round or something and the place is PACKED.

Smoking tobacco is legal in all parks in mecklenburg county (charlotte).

Smoking during tournament rounds is not allowed per pdga.

As far as player pack info, this is all I can tell you : there will be stuff in it.

Smoking tobacco is legal in all parks in mecklenburg county (charlotte). Bradford and bailey are both in Meck county and do not allow smoking per park rules

Smoking during tournament rounds is not allowed per pdga. Only at NT's and possibly A-tiers

As far as player pack info, this is all I can tell you : there will be stuff in it.Why bother posting that Ox? If you dont know dont post.

Said my post was not long enough so I leave you with this. Did you know that strength is the only 8 letter word in the english language with exactly one vowel?.......see you learned something from my post :thmbup:

Said my post was not long enough so I leave you with this. Did you know that strength is the only 8 letter word in the english language with exactly one vowel?.......see you learned something from my post :thmbup:

Pat,

You know that I am fully aware of the location of Bradford and Bailey.

I fully understand the pdga rules about smoking, of which none will be allowed during tournament rounds at worlds. (not saying you can't smoke in the parking lot before or after rounds)

As far as player pack info, Im sitting here next to Sam Nicholson - worlds TD, so let me tell you again what he is allowing me to tell you about the players pack : there will be stuff in it. (its a surprise...)

Any other questions or smart remarks ? Pm me.

Pat,

You know that I am fully aware of the location of Bradford and Bailey.

I fully understand the pdga rules about smoking, of which none will be allowed during tournament rounds at worlds. (not saying you can't smoke in the parking lot before or after rounds)

As far as player pack info, Im sitting here next to Sam Nicholson - worlds TD, so let me tell you again what he is allowing me to tell you about the players pack : there will be stuff in it. (its a surprise...)

Any other questions or smart remarks ? Pm me.

lol really? I added info to your post so that people would not be confused by it and commented on how useless that last info was. Now that it has come from Sam guess what........it's still useless, just saying.

I'm in Charlotte this weekend with Lorelei practicing her 5 courses for Worlds in under 16 - 2 today (Winget and Elon), 3 tomorrow (Sugaw, Kilborne and Eastway short).

Question for the Course director of Elon - Will the rough that is 4-5 FEET high in the middle of the fairway from the lakes edge to the tree line be lowered or will it be that you just have to throw over everything to a blind basket position?

She threw her shot from the long pad (that had W-12 on it) out to the short tee area then to the basket for a 3, but there was no way to play the "designed" fairway without throwing a 250 ft actual length spike hyzer blind over the schule and water on a 170 ft hole you can't see.

I'm assuming the club, park dept, or someone will clear the area - BUT I'm just checking to be sure as we won't be back again until Worlds.

Keith

I'm in Charlotte this weekend with Lorelei practicing her 5 courses for Worlds in under 16 - 2 today (Winget and Elon), 3 tomorrow (Sugaw, Kilborne and Eastway short).

Question for the Course director of Elon - Will the rough that is 4-5 FEET high in the middle of the fairway from the lakes edge to the tree line be lowered or will it be that you just have to throw over everything to a blind basket position?

She threw her shot from the long pad (that had W-12 on it) out to the short tee area then to the basket for a 3, but there was no way to play the "designed" fairway without throwing a 250 ft actual length spike hyzer blind over the schule and water on a 170 ft hole you can't see.

I'm assuming the club, park dept, or someone will clear the area - BUT I'm just checking to be sure as we won't be back again until Worlds.

Keith

nvm i was thinking angry beaver

Last edited:

She threw her shot from the long pad (that had W-12 on it) out to the short tee area then to the basket for a 3, but there was no way to play the "designed" fairway without throwing a 250 ft actual length spike hyzer blind over the schule and water on a 170 ft hole you can't see.aa

Keith

Eager Beaver hole 15 long.

Yes, some trimming will be done before worlds, but the shot will still require a spike hyzer over the water.

Keith

Met you guys out there yesterday, hope you enjoyed the course!
The shot plays about 180 when thrown as designed. Believe it or not, that area was severely trimmed within the past 2 months. It has become a relatively easy shot compared to what it was. Did she even try to throw the spike?? Playing the outside route (as she opted to do) is a more difficult shot to play for 2, but it can also be done, it just requires a solid flick.

It was nice meeting you on SAT and Nate from Kilborne today when we were practicing her other 3 courses this morning before having lunch at Mac's Speed Shop (EXCELLENT BBQ!!) and then heading home.

Oh - I saw it HAD been cut, just wondering if it will be cut again - good to know it will.

Having maintained courses year round in FL and GA since 1996, I'm well aware of how fast stuff grows in the spring / summer in the south. :D

Having brought only 1 of each of her drivers for the warmup rounds (knowing there was little to no water on any of her courses, it wasn't worth her risking a disc to throw that line) - even though she probably could if cleared out.

She got an easy 3 as she doesn't throw flicks (which is fine for her division of under 16 girls) and will probably still play that way (risk /reward not worth 1 stroke per round and a lost disc if she's off line) during the 2 rounds she has there.

Question 2 - (forgot to ask being tired when asking the first question, but seeing my notes reminded me)

Is hole 6 going to play as an Island hole (MUST CROSS road to be in bounds), or will ONLY the asphalt be OB?

Again as a TD and designer - I guessed Island and had Lorelei play it that way, but also had her practice short to edge just in case it was asphalt only.

I would like to know so the course notes can be we took can be updated accurately.

Thanks in advance for any OFFICIAL Worlds help!

Keith

Question 2 - (forgot to ask being tired when asking the first question, but seeing my notes reminded me)

Is hole 6 going to play as an Island hole (MUST CROSS road to be in bounds), or will ONLY the asphalt be OB?

Again as a TD and designer - I guessed Island and had Lorelei play it that way, but also had her practice short to edge just in case it was asphalt only.

I would like to know so the course notes can be we took can be updated accurately.

Thanks in advance for any OFFICIAL Worlds help!

Keith

NOT an island hole. Ashpalt and anything left is OB.

Is anyone playing Bailey for Worlds?

Does anyone EVER play Bailey? Outside of glow league?

On an average summer day Bailey gets about 100-200 rounds per weekend day and 50+ on weekdays.

I've stood on hole 11 and counted 65 players on the 9 visible holes. It is probably second (if it is second) to Elon.

Also the middle and high school that neighbor the course have gym class there in the spring and fall.

This is why I continue to strive to add new holes.. and new pin placements... to relieve pressure on the grass and reduce the amount of double rounds by players playing the course 2 or three times in a row.

30 gallon trashbags fill in 1-2 weeks because of the traffic.

Last edited: