• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Pro Worlds at Lemon Lake

Are people really complaining about having to watch Ragna?

same here. it's probably for the best since i'll get some work done.

one round of the ladies and the olds is enough.

i would love to watch the Masters! Kenny and Barry are two of my favs

If Paul wins, he will be only the third person ever to win back to back.

Kenny has 12, including 9 in a row.
Barry has two which were back to back.
Nate has three, but never consecutive.
Harold Duval has two, but not consecutive.

No one else has more than one.

yes. PGA does an absolutely amazing job live streaming their content. they are one of many that are setting the bar VERY high.

they also have the advantage of premiere sponsors like Exxon, Buick, etc to help them foot the bill. plus they have the added bonus of having the infrastructure already setup for a television broadcast. doing a brodcast like a PGA event costs MILLIONS of dollars to produce. the amount of revenue generated easily covers those costs.

i think we need to be realistic and realize that a DG broadcast isn't going to be there yet... but it can get pretty darn close if they spend their money wisely and focus on the important things.

oh i hear you on the money/infrastructure thing. i don't expect the pdga to meet those standards.

If Paul wins, he will be only the third person ever to win back to back.

Kenny has 12, including 9 in a row.
Barry has two which were back to back.
Nate has three, but never consecutive.
Harold Duval has two, but not consecutive.

No one else has more than one.

Yup... just did that research last week myself. I'm a Nikko fan, but working on personal endorsement contracts for McBeast... so as far as my marketing plan goes, Back-to-Back World Champ should help the cause.

I know it is easy to rip on DGP.tv for the quality of their coverage. And you have every right if you paid and are not getting what you expected.

But to sit and second guess their decisions is asinine. If you think you can do a better job simply step up and do it. Create a company, stream a local event or two to get all the quirks out and have something to show the PDGA, then submit a bid to the PDGA board showing them what you can do. I am not being sarcastic at all, I would love to see some competition.

I think it was Anon who commented that the LiveU backpacks were not the best solution. What would you recommend? I know they have used line of sight transmitting at the Memorial and USDGC, along with some hardwired cameras that could reach some areas. But at Lemon Lake that is not possible with all the woods.

So, who shoots the hot round tomorrow morning?

Joe Rovere. McBeth is gonna keep his lead but I don't imagine it being extended too much. He hasn't yet shot a super hot McBeth round yet though, so he's due a 1070-90 sometime soon.

Dude.....you jinxed Joe. Shot a 978.....his worst round yet.

Dead nuts on about McBeth though. :clap:

I know it is easy to rip on DGP.tv for the quality of their coverage. And you have every right if you paid and are not getting what you expected.

But to sit and second guess their decisions is asinine. If you think you can do a better job simply step up and do it. Create a company, stream a local event or two to get all the quirks out and have something to show the PDGA, then submit a bid to the PDGA board showing them what you can do. I am not being sarcastic at all, I would love to see some competition.

I think it was Anon who commented that the LiveU backpacks were not the best solution. What would you recommend? I know they have used line of sight transmitting at the Memorial and USDGC, along with some hardwired cameras that could reach some areas. But at Lemon Lake that is not possible with all the woods.

Streaming issues sound like something very technical. Surely Steve Ganz would be a great asset. I don't think he is involved, however.

That is the things I get upset about - when our sport doesn't use our resources.

This may have been answered somewhere, so forgive me if it has... Will this footage be archived and available for members? Or do you need to pay the subscription to watch the archived footage after the event? Would have paid had I been able to watch live, but that's frowned upon at work. :mad:

all that info is available on their website...i know i know, much easier to ask then find out for yourself.

no only those who paid will se archived footage

Streaming issues sound like something very technical. Surely Steve Ganz would be a great asset. I don't think he is involved, however.

That is the things I get upset about - when our sport doesn't use our resources.

It would be great if we could just pull anyone we wanted to help with the broadcast. But some people have jobs and don't want or can't volunteer their time. Steve has a TON of other stuff on his plate with the PDGA.

Remember the PDGA is a sponsor of DGP, that is it. They have as much influence as the money they provide. They are not betting their financial future on this as Deusler is. DGP can't just grab people. If people want to help, they can volunteer. I took 2 weeks off of work for two different events and helped out uncompensated. The LiveU backpacks were my idea originally and have mostly worked out for what they needed them.

FYI. I haven't been involved in a broadcast since Santa Cruz worlds, and I have NO stake in the company. So, I don't take any offense to what people say.

Latest posts