• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 USDGC

Dang Brinster! Thats the type of putt I miss. Amazed Barry is in 6th after 16 with a carded 11.

Wouldn't you if you could throw a 600' power hyzer?

For fun, absolutely. If I were playing for a profession, I would make the highest percentage shot. I see him ripping big old hyzers on tight, wooded courses that would be much easier to hyzer-flip something understable than try to manhandle something overstable. Wiggins has all of the talent in the world but decision-making is so important at the highest levels. That's the skillset that has been seperating McBeast from the crowd. In addition to having tremendous driving and putting skils; he seems to limit his "poor" shots to safe results by never forcing something. He plays the percentages better than the rest.

Last edited:
This commentary is a joke.

How does Crazy John on the SECOND DAY of competition not understand the rules on 17?

I'm not even playing in the *@#$(@#$&@ event and know how each hole is played with the rules.

^^ yupp .. its like he just talks to be talking and doesnt even consider whats coming out of his mouth

For fun, absolutely. If I were playing for a profession, I would make the highest percentage shot. I see him ripping big old hyzers on tight, wooded courses that would be much easier to hyzer-flip something understable than try to manhandle something overstable. Wiggins has all of the talent in the world but decision-making is so important at the highest levels. That's the skillset that has been seperating McBeast from the crowd. In addition to having tremendous driving and putting skils; he seems to limit his "poor" shots to safe results by never forcing something. He plays the percentages better than the rest.

The vast majority of the time, a power hyzer is the highest percentage shot. There's a ton more room for error and it's much easier to range than working something flippy. Watch Paul's round at the memorial, he uses power hyzers on almost every hole to shoot an 1100+ round.

The vast majority of the time, a power hyzer is the highest percentage shot. There's a ton more room for error and it's much easier to range than working something flippy. Watch Paul's round at the memorial, he uses power hyzers on almost every hole to shoot an 1100+ round.

This ^^^

The highest percentage comes from letting the disc do what it wants to do

I understand how good these guys are with putters but I am amazed how few players throw overstable sidearms on 17, your disc turns and follows the the OB. Backhands hyzer toward the OB or even with flex shots glide long. 3/4 in final group OB on 17.

I think the biggest problem with the sidearm on 17 is that those types of shots tend to skip (and occasionally skip big depending on what you throw). There's no room left of the bucket to have it hit the ground, skip, and still have a short putt. Throwing a putter will tend to stick better where it lands.

McBeth fell apart at the end of his round, it looked like he and Schusterick were making a big push.

Something to keep in mind as far as how 17 is played going forward...they're expected to move the pin to the right side of the green. That placement could open up some room for a sidearm approach to hit on the green and skip toward the basket rather than away.

McBeth fell apart at the end of his round, it looked like he and Schusterick were making a big push.

Serious, i've still got faith in Mcbeth bringing home the grand slam. He's only 7 back from the lead so if he goes into Beast mode tommorow he will be the champion

My favorite Crazies of the day. Maybe this should be its own thread...

You can find love in disc golf.

Apparently, you have to yell CRUZ every time you say Santa Cruz.

"Elegance and provenance." Seriously?

Cumulo-nimbus clouds in the sky today. Thanks.

My favorite Crazies of the day. Maybe this should be its own thread...

You can find love in disc golf.

Apparently, you have to yell CRUZ every time you say Santa Cruz.

"Elegance and provenance." Seriously?

Cumulo-nimbus clouds in the sky today. Thanks.

i think greenwell said it but "yeah boiiiii"

Something to keep in mind as far as how 17 is played going forward...they're expected to move the pin to the right side of the green. That placement could open up some room for a sidearm approach to hit on the green and skip toward the basket rather than away.

shockingly, Crazy was wrong about this too.

Rounds 1 and 3 it's more middle.
Rounds 2 and 4 it's to the left.

This ^^^

The highest percentage comes from letting the disc do what it wants to do

I get all of this. But in the woods, why try to hit a crazy gap just to throw hard when he can flip something up the gut. On a course like Winthrop, throw all of the big hyzers you want. But on some of the videos with Wiggins on wooded NC courses, he forces hyzer lines where others don't. Not everybody is gonna throw MJ/Barry lines all the time but Wiggins never does.

Laying up on 18 is smart unless you're McBeth. Then the warrior in you makes you go for it, and also presumably keeps it from rolling into the water.