• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Pros and Their Manufacturers

His rating dropped below 1000 for the first time since 2010. I have heard that Innova requires a 1000+ rating for all of their sponsored players.

I'm not sure about that. I'm pretty sure they sponsor several people <1000 rated. I understand it had more to do with his behavior.

His rating dropped below 1000 for the first time since 2010. I have heard that Innova requires a 1000+ rating for all of their sponsored players.

IF that is true, it's only true of their "Champion" and "Star" teams (and the men only). Their "Hall of Fame", "Masters", "Crew" and "Ambassadors" teams all have male players rated below 1000.

I'm not sure about that. I'm pretty sure they sponsor several people <1000 rated. I understand it had more to do with his behavior.
I have not heard any details and TG is my boy. But I could see this. He was extremely vocal on FB about several tournaments last year. everything from Payouts to added cash...the gambit. He was never blatantly rude or disrespectful but the conversations were definitely controversial, and sometimes a bit sensational. I could see where it could have been viewed as a negative from certain sponsors. I am not saying that I agree with it if it was either. The discussions were in my opinion healthy and needed.

also he is currently rated 999 so I doubt that had anything to do with it.

exclusive sponsorships are a dumb way to try and grow this niche sport anyways.

Innova is the only one currently who has a product line that can pull it off 100% from baskets, bags, discs (models/plastics etc) where it makes some sense for them to be able to offer (except a lot of players have a bag sponsor still) ... #growthesport

its like the team trilogy BS... it grows the companies.

Last edited:
http://youtu.be/FK4kUuZMLgM

Dude said Nikko was throwing Wizard's. Wonder if he's off Prodigy now. He wasn't rocking that Prodigy backpack anymore either. Food for thought

Just watched this. It would seem Nikko was throwing a mixed bag with some Prodigy, some Gateway, some MVP, some Legacy and who knows? who knows what else? Trolling perhaps? or just maybe he took the opportunity of the casual round to throw a mixed bag solely for kicks?

maybe he didn't have his bag with him and just grabbed a few from others? tho it wouldn't shock me if he left.

i'd like to see him back on a mixed bag, or at least using gateway putters again. he, and to a lesser extent Will, have really taken a step back since going all prodigy.

:eek: wow.. to some news i heard.. im not "in the know" so dont want to comment but figured i would post something just to get people intrigued .. im sure it will pop up on here sooner or later :popcorn:

yeah its a BIGGIE.. like GIGANTIC lol .. but as far as "I" know it could be speculation but i DEFINITELY trust who i heard it from

:eek: wow.. to some news i heard.. im not "in the know" so dont want to comment but figured i would post something just to get people intrigued .. im sure it will pop up on here sooner or later :popcorn:

Ha, nice Ian. Keep these regular forum guys in the dark.

I would say having sponsored players definetly sells. As a player from southern minnesota. We have a person sponsored by prodigy and a player sponsored by lat. The one sponsored by lat took 4th in Am worlds. The one sponsored by Prodigy took 9th in juniors. (I took 8th in juniors). And i can honestly say you see way more trilogy than other companies here. and everybody here loves and knows cale. We even have a player that is sponsored by gateway. But because of the person throwing lat took 4th it sells way more here.

Agreed. Years back (when it seemed retailers where only stocking large quantities of Innova or Discraft in various molds prior to the market being saturated with new manufacturers) 90% of people that played in Charleston threw Innova until Blaine got sponsored by Discraft. Shortly after Blaine was sponsored, many people (including myself) starting throwing Buzzzs, Comets, Meteors, Wasps, XLs and Avengers.