• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 United States Disc Golf Championship

It may have been answered, but I don't recall reading it, Was there a reason Barsby dropped out?

I'm too lazy to search right now, but is there a reasoning behind tee signs having states?

It may have been answered, but I don't recall reading it, Was there a reason Barsby dropped out?

I'm too lazy to search right now, but is there a reasoning behind tee signs having states?

He was hurt (arm) at Worlds, I bet he tried to play through it and couldn't.

Can someone describe or link me to an article/thread that says what the Performance Flight is or if there's 2 categories for USDGC or what goes on? As far as I'm concerned I just watch highlights and consider it the same as any Open tournament, but the qualifying seems extra confusing for this.

I get that Performance Flight has to do with your scores vs. your rating's projected scores...but how that factors into qualifying or a tournament at the Open level I don't know.

Barsby is the featured interview and they don't follow up from the pre-recorded interview to address his DNF?

Can someone describe or link me to an article/thread that says what the Performance Flight is or if there's 2 categories for USDGC or what goes on? As far as I'm concerned I just watch highlights and consider it the same as any Open tournament, but the qualifying seems extra confusing for this.

I get that Performance Flight has to do with your scores vs. your rating's projected scores...but how that factors into qualifying or a tournament at the Open level I don't know.

To qualify for open you must earn your spot either by a top finish from the previous year or by being in the top 5 at one of the qualifiers.

Each state gets to award one spot to the performance edition. Players can also earn their spots from sponsors exemptions, top finish from previous year, NT TD, etc.

To qualify for open you must earn your spot either by a top finish from the previous year or by being in the top 5 at one of the qualifiers.

Each state gets to award one spot to the performance edition. Players can also earn their spots from sponsors exemptions, top finish from previous year, NT TD, etc.

To add:

They aren't really "flights". It's two separate tournaments. There is no overlap, and no mixing. Although both play the same layout.

Open is the real one.

Performance is handicapped, based on your rating.

When looking at performance +/- numbers, do not compare them directly to open numbers as performance scores are reported against their projected rather than against the course par.

It's now day 3, and all we've gotten to see is one round of a 3-man card. :(

REALLLLLLY looking forward to watching some live streaming disc golf!

Anyone notice nate sexton miss the tee on one of the shots along the building? He releases and only runs up the sidewalk part then off to the right.

Too lazy to find point in video but it was an :eek: moment.

For real?

If so... kudos to whomever decided to make a change of plans. Looking forward to some LIVE disc golf.

This isn't a change in plans as far as I can tell. Smashboxx announced this a few days ago, and this isn't the kind of thing they can just throw together at the last minute. In fact, I would imagine it was in the plans all along, at least as soon as they decided to do live coverage at all. That's something Spin's never really done, so it makes sense to bring someone in to do it.

It's now day 3, and all we've gotten to see is one round of a 3-man card. :(

REALLLLLLY looking forward to watching some live streaming disc golf!

It's really pathetic. Especially coming of the past few years of daily ROUND coverage, not vapid pre-recorded filler content.