• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 DG Tour Prediction Main Thread

Bump for totals!

I am courious to see some results and how the spread sheet will look ( will it have gambles listed or points gained on gambles shown for each round ? )

Looks like the participation in this has tanked...anybody have any speculation on why this has happened?

Bump for totals!

I am courious to see some results and how the spread sheet will look ( will it have gambles listed or points gained on gambles shown for each round ? )

Looks like the participation in this has tanked...anybody have any speculation on why this has happened?

:popcorn:

A short totals list in in the Women's USDGC thread.

Last edited:
Bump for totals!

Became too much work for me. I like the old standard pick the top 5 MPO and FPO and maybe one bonus. Don't like the gambles at all.

Became too much work for me. I like the old standard pick the top 5 MPO and FPO and maybe one bonus. Don't like the gambles at all.[/QUOTE/

I feel ya.

The multitude of questions made it feel like home work I had to go finish before I could post my picks the next day.

The late notification of TWO lowest scores being dropped was one reason I passed on the Tim S. Masters and the other was not feeling the "home work" part too. I was going to keep at least one of my lowest scores 18 and 19 was my lowest at that point. Yes, it has got worse since then.

The gamble crap just sucks. I understand it was supposed to help get some back in the hunt but it paid off big enough to shut down the whole event. Guess I should wager all of my points in the USDGC thread?

Being consistent should hold more ground than being lucky IMO.

I know this is just for fun and Fully volouenteer run ( Thanks to you Mo and Disc ) but there needs to be better rules on how things will be ran through the season for this Prior to it starting. Then once set -No Changes Allowed.

Not trying to sound like sour grapes but I have really enjoyed this the past two years, ( even if last years event fell apart at the end ) it makes following the tourney scene, event to event, much more fun rooting your pics on.

I was going to wait to post my gripes until this was wrapped up but it is Sunday evening and DGCR has been pretty boring lately.

Last edited:
Became too much work for me. I like the old standard pick the top 5 MPO and FPO and maybe one bonus. Don't like the gambles at all.[/QUOTE/

I feel ya.

The multitude of questions made it feel like home work I had to go finish before I could post my picks the next day.

The late notification of TWO lowest scores being dropped was one reason I passed on the Tim S. Masters and the other was not feeling the "home work" part too. I was going to keep at least one of my lowest scores 18 and 19 was my lowest at that point. Yes, it has got worse since then.

The gamble crap just sucks. I understand it was supposed to help get some back in the hunt but it paid off big enough to shut down the whole event. Guess I should wager all of my points in the USDGC thread?

Being consistent should hold more ground than being lucky IMO.

I know this is just for fun and Fully volouenteer run ( Thanks to you Mo and Disc ) but there needs to be better rules on how things will be ran through the season for this Prior to it starting. Then once set -No Changes Allowed.

Not trying to sound like sour grapes but I have really enjoyed this the past two years, ( even if last years event fell apart at the end ) it makes following the tourney scene, event to event, much more fun rooting your pics on.

I was going to wait to post my gripes until this was wrapped up but it is Sunday evening and DGCR has been pretty boring lately.

This sums up my feelings as well.

My head was spinning when I tried to pick for US Masters! Ain't nobody got time for that!

Hope this returns next year with questions that don't require homework.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3077650#post3077650

USDGC thread has posted.

I appreciate the content and manner of feedback. I'm not really surprised by it, and I know I got a little carried away with trying to be somewhat creative with the bonus formats.

I tried not to change much throughout the season, but I probably should have dropped the Masters and maybe the USWDGC. However I wanted to follow through on the plan I established at the beginning. Whomever runs the thread next season will have an interesting time picking which (and how many) events to include (expansion of Pro Tour, and whatnot).

And I agree that the gambles will probably not work out in an equitable fashion this year, but I do still think the jeopardy-esque element could fairly add some homestretch drama. And yes, dg42, many of us may do well to max out our gambles this round :)

Best of luck, all.

D.A.D.

Totals of people "in the hunt".

I'll post the full totals spreadsheet after the USDGC. The coordinator should probably just find a way to share through Google Drive next year.

Attachments

• USWDGC 1.png
    USWDGC 1.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 29
I know I'm the guy who some hate because of the gambles, but I just wanted to say thanks to discallday for putting this together all year. I've enjoyed it (win or lose).

I know I'm the guy who some hate because of the gambles, but I just wanted to say thanks to discallday for putting this together all year. I've enjoyed it (win or lose).

Hey dj, I know I was vocal about the gambles. None of that was aimed at one individual person whatsoever.

I got nothing but love here for you man :D.

You played by the rules, made your picks, went big, and proceeded to shut this thing down. Congrats :clap:

Well, the USDGC came to an abrupt end which we all saw coming anyway so...boo :thmbdown: to Matthew AND...

Time to get this wrapped up and crown the Weiner :thmbup: !

Mega Thanks to MO and DaD for the work on this predictive segment of the tourney season :hfive: to you guys!

Last edited:
Did I unofficially win this thing? I think DaD didn't gain any ground on me and SW had a good round, but I think my lead held up.

You did, indeed, dj! Congrats! :thmbup: I fell back quite a bit with my poor gambles, and SW and DG42 both made significant moves, but your consistent entries and that one gamble secured you the win. I've had one offering of a gift card for a prize, and I'll see if there's anything in my stash that I'm willing to part with :)

Send a PM with your address, and I'll start the process of shipping your prize(s) to you.

Any volunteers to take this contest over for next year? I'm willing to completely pass the torch, continue it, or still have a smaller hand in managing it, but I wanted to gauge interest early since 2017 will arguably be busier than 2016. There will be quite a few decisions to be made regarding which tournaments to include or not, and the first event to consider including is in January (Aussie Open). Feel free to send a PM or reply if you are interested in continuing the contest in 2017.

And some totals...

Attachments

• Finals1.jpg
    Finals1.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Finals2.jpg
    Finals2.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Finals3.jpg
    Finals3.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 8
Thanks for the results update, I did not expect to make the podium in the end this year!

My goal was to place higher than I did last year so finding out I fiished out in third was a welcome suprise!

It was closer than appears, I got 40 points on the USDGC gambles, not 20. Anyways good season!

Latest posts