• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 In the Bag SJB2017

Overall the bag has been pretty stable. I added a Lucid Judge in and I'm still finding the difference between it and the Fuzion. Right now it looks like the Fuzion is going to be what I reach for, while the Lucid will be for shots where I absolutely cannot have the disc flip over.

The Fuse is also gone, replaced with a beat up DX Roc3. I also added in a Star Roc3, which has become my primary go to. The Champ is beat up to be a bit straighter and I'm still finding where it fits, and I throw the fresh DX when I need more glide. If I'm unsure on what Roc3 to throw though, I reach for the Star.

Fairways have stayed the same. Toying with the idea of swapping the FD for a Patriot, but I'm not totally sure. I really do like the FD, but I also wouldn't mind having something a bit more understable to pair with the Thunderbird

The distance driver slot is where the most change has occured. I've gone through a couple different variations on a pairing for my DDx, which has become my go to long distance disc. Currently, I'm rolling with a Prodigy D2 as a replacement for the Destroyers. It should hold up in headwinds and work just as well for Forehand shots, while also still being usable for backhands as well.

Purchased a 174 Icon Patriot at the IDGC the weekend before last and the few rounds I've played since then have definitely convinced me the Patriot will be the way to go over the FD. It flips and turns beautifully without burning, and as I learn the hyzer angles for it I should be able to cover most of the situations where I would have reached for the FD.

Purchased a 174 Icon Patriot at the IDGC the weekend before last and the few rounds I've played since then have definitely convinced me the Patriot will be the way to go over the FD. It flips and turns beautifully without burning, and as I learn the hyzer angles for it I should be able to cover most of the situations where I would have reached for the FD.

Nice - I definitely love me some Patriots! Such an awesome mold. Very versatile and sneaky long.

You are convincing me to consider the Patriot. My wallet does NOT thank you (my disc golf scores might, though). BTW, is Icon like Star and/or Gold Line?

You are convincing me to consider the Patriot. My wallet does NOT thank you (my disc golf scores might, though). BTW, is Icon like Star and/or Gold Line?

Icon is similar to Innova's Star plastic.

Nice - I definitely love me some Patriots! Such an awesome mold. Very versatile and sneaky long.

Definitely! It's on par with the distance I can get out of the FD, but with the lower glide it's more controllable. I'm also excited to get the hyzer angles figured out; it should be a much more versatile driver. I primarily use my D2 and DDx off the tee now, but will throw the Thunderbird/Firebird when I don't need the extra length. The FD was primarily thrown in situations where I now reach for the DDx or try to flex the FD; the Patriot should be able to settle down nicely into that slot and get good turn without the risk of flipping and burning off the tee

SD86, I'd say the Icon plastic is like a tacky/chalky star, very grippy

Last edited:

Latest posts