• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Aussie Open DGWT Event Discussion

I'm getting way more insight from Eagle, in about 90% fewer words and 100% less affectation.

And he knows how to pronounce Pasi's name correctly.

Are the women playing from the same tees as Open? If so, Paige would be sitting in the top 10 of the open division right now.

Looks like they are as the round ratings match.

But should it really come as a surprise in this field? She'd be the 14th highest rated player in the division if she played Open. It isn't much of a stretch for the player with the 14th best rating to finish in the 9-12th place range with a solid week.

Looks like they are as the round ratings match.

But should it really come as a surprise in this field? She'd be the 14th highest rated player in the division if she played Open. It isn't much of a stretch for the player with the 14th best rating to finish in the 9-12th place range with a solid week.

You're right. I didn't consider that this isn't the "typical" major field. I'm just used to seeing top FPO scores fall 10-15 places lower on the open leaderboard and it stood out to me that she would be placed that high up.

Ian's commentary varies a lot depending upon who he's with. When he tones down the fanboy stuff, he's very good. When he doesn't...not so much.

Dead air is OK on a disc golf video. If at all possible, tell me something I don't know already, and limit the rest. If it's a course I'm familiar with, I sometimes prefer the Prodigy channel style of letting an open mike and the images themselves tell the story. It's nice having a variety of takes on the presentation.

More and better graphics and actual drone based angles on shots will up the quality of the viewing experience at some point. All in all, I'm enjoying the videos of the tournament so far.

"Estimated" par and ratings...

Nitpick: par is not estimated, it is official: set by the TD.

In this case it looks like par of 61 would have been better than 65 in terms of comparing performance across different tournaments and everything else par is supposed to do. With holes 4, 6, 7, and 13 having the soft pars.

So... what about that Federer/Nadal throwback showdown!?! Wait... wrong Aussie Open thread?

Impressively green scorecards from Eagle and Ricky. It will be fun to watch the round, but it's certainly no surprise to see who's in the top 3. Would have loved to see Eagle hit that putt on 18 for a course record tie.

Does anyone know if the Spin/DGWT folks are planning to release video with multiple cameras/angles per hole?

Ee need Crazy John Brooks

I play once a week with Crazy. I wish everyone in disc golf had that opportunity. Such a treasure of the sport.

I don't mind Avery at all. We are not casual observers, we know what he is talking about. A mistake here and there is irrelevant.

How about some old school John Houck plus Sexton? That would be fun.

Did Eagle just boost the sales of Firebirds and the Star Shryke's?

Its only the first major of 2017 but so far looks like beast mode is so 2015s. I dont know what mode to call this new thing the have going. God-mode? (plus get all the keys, all the weapons and walk through walls)

Kind of a fun read:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115001&highlight=eagle+mcmahon

Colorado is LOVIN' being able to watch Eagle tear it up like this. He's been killing it here for years, but it's amazing seeing him quickly take that next step since going on tour. That dude is going to be a force to be reckoned with for years to come and is as grounded and cool as anybody could hope to be. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Latest posts