• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 European Open

Did you try dangling a carrot?

Haha, I did the next best thing - true story here. I called him when I was in Rancho and asked if he needed anything from the factory. He asked for a few discs, I grabbed them for him and told him I'd give it when we met up for the ITB shoot. I thought, well now he has a reason OTHER than just the video, I'll get him finally.

...those discs are STILL in my closet after he didn't show up to the shoot (for the 3rd time). Ok full disclosure the star Roc3 accidentally fell into my bag about a month ago.

I love the dude and I'm not badmouthing...he's been a friend since before the SpinTV days. I hope he gets a big W, he's due. He has all the skills. He's just hard to track down sometimes, lol.

Watching the first round on DiscTV, I felt bad for Eagle - seems he just lost it in the back 9. His confidence, footing, and flight path DISCretion seemed to be messed up and rushed. Glad to see he snapped back today. Wish Ricky had done the same - seems a bit odd with him so far down the list. -4 and -3 rounds is definitely not him.

It really seemed like getting that disc stuck in the top of the tree managed to get him out of his game plan; he fought back from bad luck and a few bad decisions throughout the round so I guess getting that disc (I'd assume it's one of his favorites since he named it) stuck in the tree and then having the next shot go OB just took the rest of the round out of him.

Same deal on #12. Bad drive, tries to overcompensate and goes OB where no one has gone OB before. Hes got the skills for sure, and these kinds of reactions to bad shots will smooth over given time. Then watch out!

Wysocki is 8 down after 15. He quickly shook off that 9 with a birdie :)

And Feldberg has moved to fifth. Would be awesome if he made the lead card!

Last edited:
Wysocki is 8 down after 15. He quickly shook off that 9 with a birdie :)

And Feldberg has moved to fifth. Would be awesome if he made the lead card!

It really would. I think guys like him, Doss, and Nybo show how much experience counts on the Beast. You can never count out the veterans here.

Lead card after 13:

Barsby -26
McBeth -25
Lizotte -24
Nybo -16

Getting closer! Also a bunch of guys have jumped Nybo from the lower cards. Too bad he can't seem to find his A game right now.

Well, McBeth bogied the last two holes and pulled him out of a tie for the lead. He was two down entering the final round last year and came out on top. Love the final lead card:

Barsby: -27
Lizotte: -26
Doss: -25
McBeth: -25
:thmbup:

Well, McBeth bogied the last two holes and pulled him out of a tie for the lead. He was two down entering the final round last year and came out on top. Love the final lead card:

Barsby: -27
Lizotte: -26
Doss: -25
McBeth: -25
:thmbup:

Would not have predicted this final card, and order, by a long ways. What a treat!

Barsby needs to play out of his mind tomorrow. I would also love to see Simon, or Nate take the win. Heck it would be sweet if Paul won too. Can they just have 4 champions? :)

Barsby needs to play out of his mind tomorrow. I would also love to see Simon, or Nate take the win. Heck it would be sweet if Paul won too. Can they just have 4 champions? :)

I wouldn't mind if any of them or Eagle won. Great group of pros. Personal favorite would be Nate because I don't remember seeing him win a major, just always up there in the cream of the crop.

Watching Round two of the EO, I can only be awed at the skills these players have. How the sport has really evolved! Those guys are GOOD!

Starframe on #7 is just stupid good. Eagle still has a chance at a top finish but a win would need all those 4 guys to card a mediocre round and him to put in another double digiter. Tomorrow will be fun no matter who wins.

I'm glad to hear that someone else thinks that too. He's a fantastic player, but I just can't seem to like the guy.

And I'll third it.

Love the final lead card! Love watching all of them, rooting for Barsby as the dark horse though.

And I'll third it.

Love the final lead card! Love watching all of them, rooting for Barsby as the dark horse though.

I'll fourth it, but I cannot put my finger on why exactly I am glad he is not on the card. Cockiness? Too competitive? He is not as bad as playing with Catrina Allen I guess but I really try to like him.

I saw watched Paul standing beside Barsby after Barsby made a birdie and Paul a par. They were laughing and talking. That's what I like to see when watching DG. Any on the card could win and I would be thrilled.