• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 DGPT Championship Charlotte, NC Oct 18- 20

Take a look and you'll see some differences in a player's round ratings based on terrain even at the highest levels. Certain players have not played certain courses for whatever reason or played elsewhere based on how course(s) set up for their game or their history on the course. It's perfectly reasonable for touring pros to do that as long as their sponsors are cool with it.

"Taking a look" is not good enough for me. Players will always do better or worse than expected. By mere coincidence some players will have a string of betters or (worses) that happen to line up with perceptions about how different courses play.

Until we can measure the "woodedness" and other features of courses, and then run tests to prove that the seeming correlation is not just happening by chance, we have no evidence this is true.

Those players avoiding certain courses may just be doing it based on superstition.

Or, there may be something to it. It's a reasonable hypothesis.

Nevermind about FPO. Just saw that Cat beat Hokom in a playoff. Crap.

Still can't see who won MPO.

After 2 holes i could have bet everyting on that Cat will be dead last. . . I don´t even think Cat herself thought she could win at this point

After 2 holes i could have bet everyting on that Cat will be dead last. . . I don´t even think Cat herself thought she could win at this point

It was crazy that Cat missed so many short putts,and then basically just blindly started throwing putts at the basket at missing. She lost like 7-8 strokes. The women's division is definitely a roller coaster, between crazy short missed putts and people trying too hard in the woods.

I saw 3 putts missed from like 8ft on Friday.

It was crazy that Cat missed so many short putts,and then basically just blindly started throwing putts at the basket at missing. She lost like 7-8 strokes. The women's division is definitely a roller coaster, between crazy short missed putts and people trying too hard in the woods.

I saw 3 putts missed from like 8ft on Friday.

To be fair, I am pretty sure I saw Kevin Jones miss 2 putts inside of 15 feet during the finals.

There is so much opportunity in the FPO field for a player to step up and dominate. Cat's mental game and putting are awful. Hokom is terrified of throwing a backhand. Paige throws OB constantly and lacks confidence in her forehand.

Kristin Tattar doesn't seem to have any glaring weaknesses like these, I'm very interested to see what she does next year.

There is so much opportunity in the FPO field for a player to step up and dominate. Cat's mental game and putting are awful. Hokom is terrified of throwing a backhand. Paige throws OB constantly and lacks confidence in her forehand.

Kristin Tattar doesn't seem to have any glaring weaknesses like these, I'm very interested to see what she does next year.

totally agree. . the fact that PP can throw +180 OBs in a Season and still win as much as she does is just insane

Cat´s C1x stats are just terrible

I think Kristin going to have a good 2020. . just let PP throw OB and Cat miss putts

Despite their flaws Paige and Cat are the 2 highest rated ladies ever. Most players at that rating or below are inconsistent at times regardless of gender. The biggest chance for dominance would be if Cat were to get her head around her putting.

Despite their flaws Paige and Cat are the 2 highest rated ladies ever. Most players at that rating or below are inconsistent at times regardless of gender. The biggest chance for dominance would be if Cat were to get her head around her putting.

Exactly.

Sometimes I think people expect 1040+ rated play out of the top women, and it's just not going to happen. At least not with any consistency.

That's not to say that the women can't improve their shortcomings, but they're not going to turn all their weaknesses into strengths and jump their rating up by 30-40 points. Hokom's unlikely to improve her backhand beyond passable. Paige isn't likely going to dial back her aggression to the point of eliminating all OB. Cat probably isn't going to achieve 100% on her C1x putting.

In a lot of ways, these women are who they are at this point. I think that's a good thing. The level of play keeps getting better but no one's running away and hiding from the rest of the field. One woman has a hot streak, then someone else does, then someone else. They're competitive with each other and that's the key. We just need more women to get to the level where it's not a 2 or 3 woman show, it's an 8 or 9 woman show, then a 20 woman show, and so on.

Henna and Eveliina are the Finnish Super Powers.

Exactly.

Sometimes I think people expect 1040+ rated play out of the top women, and it's just not going to happen. At least not with any consistency.

That's not to say that the women can't improve their shortcomings, but they're not going to turn all their weaknesses into strengths and jump their rating up by 30-40 points. Hokom's unlikely to improve her backhand beyond passable. Paige isn't likely going to dial back her aggression to the point of eliminating all OB. Cat probably isn't going to achieve 100% on her C1x putting.

In a lot of ways, these women are who they are at this point. I think that's a good thing. The level of play keeps getting better but no one's running away and hiding from the rest of the field. One woman has a hot streak, then someone else does, then someone else. They're competitive with each other and that's the key. We just need more women to get to the level where it's not a 2 or 3 woman show, it's an 8 or 9 woman show, then a 20 woman show, and so on.

Of the three, PP has the best chance because she can learn or be coached to play a finesse game or 'take some off' some of her throws, and learn course management. It will be much harder for Cat and Sarah to overcome their weaknesses.

Paige could also keep developing that FH, she has the arm talent(as NateS would say). If she ever gets a confident FH game going, it wont matter how many times she goes OB... Heck it almost doesn't even matter now a lot of the time.

Of the three, PP has the best chance because she can learn or be coached to play a finesse game or 'take some off' some of her throws, and learn course management. It will be much harder for Cat and Sarah to overcome their weaknesses.

totaly agree :hfive:

She need to stop trying to outdrive the field from every tee. .

A 350ft drive is a almost max driver for Hokom. . PP could throw a 350ft control Mid . . . but she always goes for the +450ft max drive

She goes for the max distance shot even if she don´t need to. .

much easier for a 450ft max player to throw a 350ft placement shot .. than it is for a max 350ft player to go for "more than max shot" ;)

I disagree. Cat has putted well at points in her career. Paige has never shown a desire to manage her game for the most part. Hokom is pretty much maxing out her potential and is a good bit older than the others.

I disagree. Cat has putted well at points in her career. Paige has never shown a desire to manage her game for the most part. Hokom is pretty much maxing out her potential and is a good bit older than the others.

Side note: Is ANYONE ever going to call Hokom on her illegal jump putt?