• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Pros Switching Sponsors Official Thread

Dynamic really lagging behind now and I can't see that changing soon. After this off season I bet we get a couple years of quiet.

I guess Discraft has decided it's not just about Ultimate anymore.

Look for Nathan Queen

This was back a few days ago. But yes Queen is solid, and a new Innova pickup. As far as left vs. righty, he made Moraine look like it favored left handers. Or maybe just good throwers...

It seems like Matty O doesn't get much love when talking about prodigys top pros. Is it because he doesn't tour as much? His finishes seem to speak for themselves and he has a current rating over 1040.

Team Captain to boot.

I don't know much about the role of a "Team Captain" in disc golf, but bringing Uli in and immediately making him captain is an interesting move. I think he's probably well equipped for the same reasons that Discraft listed in the post, but I could see someone who'd been on the team for a while potentially taking issue with anyone being brought in and immediately given the role.

But then again, what the heck does a team captain in dg do anyway?

It seems like Matty O doesn't get much love when talking about prodigys top pros. Is it because he doesn't tour as much? His finishes seem to speak for themselves and he has a current rating over 1040.

Is that the guys that moves the disc like its a wii remote when he putts?

I don't know much about the role of a "Team Captain" in disc golf, but bringing Uli in and immediately making him captain is an interesting move. I think he's probably well equipped for the same reasons that Discraft listed in the post, but I could see someone who'd been on the team for a while potentially taking issue with anyone being brought in and immediately given the role.

Well, it's a homecoming for him, Discraft being his first sponsor. He's also a road warrior. Plays twice the amount of tournaments than that of DC's other top players.

I haven't seen anything from Eagle or DM, but McBeth said on (I think) Smashboxx that Eagle has re-signed with DM.

Yeah I heard Paul say that too but it's weird that on his Instagram live when I asked Eagle about it, he said his contract was up at the end of this year. It also seems like if he did re-up, it wouldn't just be for one year at this point. But since all the other moves were leaked I would think there'd at least be some rumblings if he were going elsewhere.

Dude has put in his dues.

Plus like others have said it's a sort of homecoming for him.

Wouldn't be surprised if he stayed on through the rest of his professional career.

And having met him, I'm pretty sure every pro disc golfer out there gets along with him.

X1's have been out of production for more than a year. The mold broke, I believe.
The X2 is probably overstable enough for him.

The X2, at least the ones I've thrown, aren't that overstable even for me.
They pop up from a slight hyzer and get some turn before fading at the end.

Prodigy may have a few X1s in house reserved for their pros otherwise he'll have to go on the open market and buy from people like me that have extra. But they're getting really pricey.

The closest thing that I've found to an X1 is a Proto D1 but good luck prying them out of my hands either.

...bringing Uli in and immediately making him captain is an interesting move...

...But then again, what the heck does a team captain in dg do anyway?

Probably mostly public relations stuff, like talking to groups of people. That has never really been Paul McBeth's strength, which is probably why McBeth toured with Nate Sexton for those years. Not only is Sexton a great player, he is good at talking it up with people.