• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2020 PDGA BOD elections

I took the time to read through the candidates statements. I didn't even consider Will since he won't be eligible to complete his term due to his role with Prodigy. Foss and Oxer both were really impressive to me. Heck maybe PDGA can find a paid role for those two guys.. ?

I'm also surprised by the 4th-place vote-getter, whose entire candidate statement was four sentences long, and doesn't appear to have been active in organized disc golf for the past 20 years. And yet they garnered more support than the current vice president of the BoD. Where did all of that support come from, and why? Just a diversity vote, despite there already being two other women on the board?

I took the time to read through the candidates statements. I didn't even consider Will since he won't be eligible to complete his term due to his role with Prodigy.

Running clinics and tutorial video are great for growing your personal brand. Not sure what if anything it does for the organization.

Not impressed. He wasn't in the top 50% of the field in my humble opinion.

Foss and Oxer both were really impressive to me. Heck maybe PDGA can find a paid role for those two guys.. ?

Not sure the PDGA has the revenue this year to add pay positions or if either have the desire to leaving their current fields of employment.

Few stats that interest me:

22.82% voter turnout this year nearly double last year's 12.99%.

The lowest turnout rates were NV-16.67%; NM-16.23%; UT-15.03% but they accounted for only 150 total votes.

The states with the most members, CA (2,920) and TX (3,274) had the next lowest turnout rates @ 16.78% and 17.31% respectively.

Will obviously had wide support with nearly half the votes. His only job experience listed was Prodigy.

Nate was only active campaigner I was aware of. He was only candidate to post on this thread.

Endorsements on this thread:
Desalegn- 3x for race/nationality, 1x global reach. All from same poster.
Foss-2x supports TDs & Clubs. Both same poster.
Best person able to govern-2x. 2 posters.