• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

28th Mid-America Open, July 7-8

VictorB

* Ace Member *
Memorial Day and the unofficial start of summer has passed us by, and that means the Mid-America Open is right around the corner!

July 7-8 with doubles on the 6th!

3 courses - Albert Oakland Front and Back 18, plus Indian Hills

Saturday Night players party! Beer and BBQ Pulled Pork! Lots of side games if you want, like mini golf, ring of fire, CTP contest for a basket, etc...always a great time and the best part of the weekend.

Registration form lists all of the divisions offered and prices. (LADIES PAY HALF PRICE BUT ARE AWARDED SAME PAYOUTS AS EQUIVALENT FULL PRICE DIVISIONS, AS ALWAYS!!!)

Pool assignments will be determined very soon. Probably going to look very similar to the previous couple of years, but I'll post back when they are up. Look forward to seeing lots of new people and old friends in town again this year!

Pre-Register Here or Here

Hoping to come up for this one.
Is there a flyer up anywhere, i can post it on our local fb page

Wish I could make it down for this one. It is one of the best little tournaments in the Midwest in my opinion. A true hidden gem. The bbq and players party is always worth the trip.

I can definitely see myself coming this year. It's my last summer in the area and I've never played this event before.

fanter said:
I can definitely see myself coming this year. It's my last summer in the area and I've never played this event before.

you should definitely come check it out. good courses, a good staff (not bragging since I'm not TD'ing this year :p ) great players party, and we really try to take care of the Am players with the prize payouts. Good viewing for final 9, which is going to be for pro and advanced again this year!

Here's a little additional information for anyone that is curious:
http://cdgc.org/component/content/article/40-fp-rnp/72-2012-mid-america-open

Pool assignments:
http://cdgc.org/images/stories/newsletters/pool_assignment_schedule.pdf

This would be a great stop for anyone headed out to Charlotte the next weekend for worlds! Indian Hills provides a a really good technical challenge with tight fairways and the like that are pretty prevalent out in North Carolina (from what I hear, at least) Every group gets to play it once, and the Adv pool gets it twice this year.

Looks like we have 8 commited to going possibly more from springtown, Fanter you havent commented on fb whether or not youre going??

The party gets started on Thursday evening with BYOP (bring your own partner) doubles at League out at Oakland.

Then Friday is the official Mid America Open doubles tournament. If the format follows years past, it will be best shot on the back, and alternate shot on the top. Always really competitive, and lots of fun!

Saturday is the main event...if you've been to Columbia before you know how much fun we have during this tournament, and especially Saturday night at the players party! New Belgium is sponsoring again this year (thanks Travis Flett!!!), so good beer and good food after a long day will be a great time no doubt.

Hope to see you out there!

Heads up, that link you posted for cdgc is supposed to be a test site. It wasnt meant to be live according to mark. But it will take your money. It has a section to pay for your entry but it isnt supposed to.

Just use pdga or the other link (DD or LSDisc i cant remember)

Pwingles said:
Heads up, that link you posted for cdgc is supposed to be a test site. It wasnt meant to be live according to mark. But it will take your money. It has a section to pay for your entry but it isnt supposed to.

Just use pdga or the other link (DD or LSDisc i cant remember)

Well that's good to know. Hopefully traffic will go through the pdga or lsdiscs sites.

It would help if they didn't put stuff like that on our main page! :evil:

Woot, leavin work in 20 min, on the road by 1 be at the course by 5 hopefully after we check in and eat

If you do get a round in it will probably have to be on the back 18 at oakland, byop doubles will most likely be on the top course by then, unless they are just finishing up.

Latest posts