• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A different type of lost and found situation

drevim

Bogey Member
I bought a Z buzzz from the guy who runs our local league. "Eat.Sleep. Disc." Yellow. He had found it at a course in TN about a year ago. Called the name on the disc (TN resident) and was told to keep it.

Fast forward to last night, and as I'm taping glow lights to the disc, a guy asked where I had gotten the disc. Explained I bought it. He asked the league guy, claiming he lost it at the same course over a year ago. Admitting he didn't mark the disc, he said it was mine, fair and square.

Keep thinking I should offer it back to the guy, but I paid cash for this disc. It'd be different if I found it. Should I offer it to him for a trade, if he wants it back? Ask the seller to me to trade me another disc, and give it back?

Thoughts?

It's your disc, he can say that's honestly it's his but so could a thousand other people, maybe I say this in haste because right now I've got 3 nice discs out there with my name on them, that I know have been found...

Yeah, a year later.... I would say keep on to it and if the guy had a problem refer him to the man who sold it to you.

No said it was initialed, but we have to assume the original finder removed them.

That right there should tell you the guy is full of crap! I have tried just about everything to get ink off a disc. It never all comes off.
If you know the original finder, find out what he uses and let us know ...please

Are you looking up what threads I am viewing. No one has commented on that thread since March and 5 second after I look at the thread, you comment on it. You did the same thing to another dead thread I was looking at. You are following me....

That right there should tell you the guy is full of crap! I have tried just about everything to get ink off a disc. It never all comes off.
If you know the original finder, find out what he uses and let us know ...please

You just can't get most ink off a Z disc.
You can fade it, or mark over it, but you CANNOT remove it.

Are you looking up what threads I am viewing. No one has commented on that thread since March and 5 second after I look at the thread, you comment on it. You did the same thing to another dead thread I was looking at. You are following me....

thought you were gone for a week or 2? :D Welcome back :clap:

i "hate" people who find discs with no number then right theirs on there so they can get it back when they lose it, also i "hate" people that write the number on their disc then dont want it back , so that guy was twice the douche.

its yours and that guy knows it too

if the disc loser didn't mark it, you have no obligation to return it; legal, dg etiquette, or otherwise.

if the guy really owned the disc, or had any sense, he'd have marked it somehow.

bear in mind he could be just some dickhead trying to scam an unmarked disc off of you by 'claiming' it was his.

if he can provide some other proof it was his, ask him to pay what you paid for it, then chide who you bought it from for selling a disc he may well have known belonged to someone else. (if the original seller was aware of this proof as well before selling it to you)

Last edited:
My theory is that Katana is your schizoid alter ego which developed after you fell into the hole on #8

since you paid for it.... it's yours...

i'd direct the guy to the person who sold it to you.... his beef is with the other guy, not you.

or.... 2 options.

1) "I bought this for $5... $5 and its yours."
2) "I bought this, but your words are fair...Let's trade."

either way, you get a finder's fee and wont be out the $ you put up to get the disc.

Latest posts