• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A few beginner dyes

jubuttib

* Ace Member *
Not really a fan of Innova's stamps, so I quickly got rid of them as soon as I found out about disc dyeing. A friend of mine decided to join in. Sorry about the smudging, we had marked our emails quite clearly so I took care of those. =)

1fbsrn.png

These were my first dyes. The two that bled like crazy were done before I realized that you really don't want to pull contact paper tight around the rim, it has a really bad habit of folding and breaking when pulled tight. Doesn't really bother me that much though. The one that worked out is now a bit different, I added some marbling to it with the saran wrap method as a test. The red one is a bit lighter color on purpose. Oh, and I got rid of the inks. These discs had been in use for quite some time. =)

n2ml9x.png

This time I tried to do something with a bit more thought, there earlier ones were more practice than anything. Sadly I forgot the "contact paper doesn't like tight fits" rule I'd learned earlier. This is my thumber disc, or "the disc that will pierce through the heavens!" if you catch my drift.

2reto5u.png

These are the two discs my friend did. This time we made damn sure not to pull the contact paper too tight and lo and behold, it worked. The Valk with the butterflies (from Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai btw) took ages to dye, tangerine really doesn't work that fast even with heat. They kinda fit the disc, since it's surprisingly fast and flutters uncontrollably when it gets windy.

So yeah, I think that's about that.

I think the screen saver on my laptop is the same as the first blue one! :lol:

nice work!

Latest posts