• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Starting from scratch.

Practice doing what Eagle and I'm doing here all the way to the finish - hinged over front hip with rear shoulder pointed at target and rear foot staying back on toes:

Hmm... not sure why the eagle gif is cutting short on here.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

(Sorry for it being a short, again.. god damnit)

I'm still stuck with the same issues. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Foot work: having a hard time "sitting" into the brace and trust my body. It seems like my brain go "nope, you're gonna hurt yourself buddy". And I'm not sure if that correlates with me "spinning out" and not having a right upper body posture.

Yeah, you look impatient. Rotating too early and releasing the lower arm early before getting into decent power pocket.

Just to reinforce, I am still always surprised at how slowly I can feel like the backswing is and still get a significant power burst exiting the pocket.

It gets easier to quicken the initial move out of the backswing after that (or at least it did for me and seems to for many other people).

Ive tried to "replicate" your 3 step walk-up brychanus and actually found it to be much more consistent than my own 5 step (facing to target) walk-up.

I'm having such a hard time feeling any momentum from the pocket and out, that being when I drill it from a much slower throw. It seems like when I exaggerate it, get into a "deep" pocket, the energi/momentum gets lost somewhere, because it sure isn't going into the disc lol..

The only way I can feel a "heavy hand" when going "out" is to throw with a "stiff" arm and that brings a lot of trouble with it.

The brace is what it is, that's something I can grasp and probably work on.

The arm slot and upper body posture kills me though.

My distance is creeping slowly upwards, but I need to put a ton of effort into it and that's not where I want to go.

As always, thanks for your help guys, I appreciate it

Had a really good session a few days back. This might be wrong, but it's based of "feels".

I think I've been driving my CoM too much left/west of the tee. I spend some time trying make it go more north (exaggerated just to get the feel) .

The above along with a more.. crouched run up (butt out, trying to bend from the hips, instead of leaking knees westward) so I could "push" when my front foot planted. I tend to run, walk and play disc golf with too stiff legs and getting "lower" really did something.

I didn't film, but definitely need to do that tomorrow so I can get a second opinion. I'm pretty sure I'm in to something lol