• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A little help on choosing a new disc

I'll echo the Valk at that power level. It's a great disc and can do a lot of things. My primary distance drivers are Destroyers which I can push to 375-400, but I still keep the Valk's in the bag for tailwinds, turnovers, and S-shots.

If you're concerned about the wind, the solution is probably not to buy a driver that can get you a lot more distance AND fight wind, as those are often two mutually exclusive concepts. Get a valk and get something slow and very overstable too. My preference is a predator, but a banshee, firebird, or blitz will all get you there.

You have a Wraith. Learn to bomb it.

I like this suggestion, as you already have one and these are great maxx D drivers. I would suggest buy a pro wraith if your other wraith is a light weight star or a champ. Champ stars are quite a bite more overstable then star or pro and do not have the glide. If you have a light weight star wraith just be aware some of these can be destroyer overstable .

Cheers - Koffee

I'm with the Pro Wraith crew. Even if it doesn't work out right away, keep throwing it and let the disc break in. Once it's good and broken in, you'll fall in love. Maybe even just pick up a used one.

If you want to learn a wraith, go with a Pro wraith. Champs, esp. at your distance and the weight on that one, can be a tricky disc. I went from leopard to valk to wraiths, and it's a good progression. If/when you go to wraiths, give a 170gish one a shot in Pro or DX plastic. They're not quite as overstable, and feel a little seasoned out of the box. Champs can be hella overstable if that's your first distance driver.

Viking is going to work you a bit, but not a bad mold. You might find you don't net much more distance with it, and that it vies for teebird shots back and forth. Beast could also work, although I think you'd be better suited with a valk.

I'll second the Wraith advice. Get a 170+ DX Wraith. They have the most glide of all Wraiths by far, and unlike most DX discs, are still useful even when beat to death. I have 2 DX wraiths beaten to a pulp that are excellent turnover/tailwind drivers. I haven't beaten one to the point of being useless yet (unlike DX Orcs and Valks which become rollers pretty quickly). That champ is most likely too overstable for your arm.

I like this suggestion, as you already have one and these are great maxx D drivers. I would suggest buy a pro wraith if your other wraith is a light weight star or a champ. Champ stars are quite a bite more overstable then star or pro and do not have the glide. If you have a light weight star wraith just be aware some of these can be destroyer overstable .

Cheers - Koffee

Not to get too far off topic, but I own a LOT of wraiths, and it's been my experience that the star wraiths that do not have the patent on the bottom are incredibly overstable. I carry one of them in my bag for really stiff headwind drives. I'd be interested to see if anybody else has had the same experience.

yes.. wraiths are da-bizomb! You get a old beat DX and it turn hard, and the newer Pros and CHamps will work great as your stable driver and your distance drivers.... i love 'em

I am throwing my two cents @ a Champion/Star Sidewinder. They are basically a longer Leopard, which is a pretty good spot to be.