• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A reminder about injury.

zealot

Double Eagle Member
3 things

stretch
know yourself
have good footing (if not, dont stop your rotation as much)

today i slipped in a puddle tryin to throw a spike hyzer really hard. i didnt throw it high enough, but as soon as i got disappointed it felt like someone pushed me over backward. when i went to sit up i realized my left leg was angled inward (pidgeon toed kinda, but just the one leg) and my dislocated kneecap was on the side of it. long story short i reset it myself and attracted a lot of attention. luckily i was with my brother in law and he helped me off the course and drove me home.

seriously guys be careful out there. i couldnt have seen this coming at all and i dont really feel 'dumb' per-say for doing it, but i regret it. no golf for weeks now and i have to be soft on that leg for just about forever now.

About a year ago I was throwing from an uneven lie with each foot on different rocky projections and the force of throwing cause me to fall. I was bruised and scraped. Not a serious injury, but seriously painful.

I never throw from a lie I consider unsafe now. I don't care what the rule says.

Take care. I think stationary throws for from now on after you heal enough to get on the course. So sorry to hear about your troubles.

goin to the doc in a little. im pretty sure i didnt tear anything but please pray on it if you're a spiritual person.

thanks for the support guys

I feel your pain, bro.

I was playing a round last summer at one of my favorite courses when the momentum from one of my drives made me step off the teepad. I stepped on a rock that was on top of angled ground and tore a tendon in my ankle. Although the pain was quite intense, for some foolish reason I finished out the round (this happend on the 3rd hole) on this very hilly course.

I couldn't play for a long time and now my ankle is nowhere near as strong as it used to be and I usually have to wear a brace when I'm playing or rockwall climbing.

I too know the pain of a dislocated kneecap, it sucks bad. I would suggest rest rest and more rest until you feel completely healed. Then strenghten the area around it because if you didnt tear anything your tendons are gonna be stretched out and you will be prone to doing the same thing again and again if you dont watch out. I never play without a kneebrace now, damn kneecaps

got one x-ray and im straight so far. assuming the doc tomorrow doesnt think i need an mri then i'll be good.

local disc shop called today about an application i left there about a year ago. maybe ill take that up part time so i can still bs about disc

Dang dude, sorry to hear that. Hope you heal fast and well. Let me know if you'll be working at the shop.