• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] ABC Discs

I always want to try some of their stuff, but not being able to find replacements has scared me off.

The Squirrel and Secret Weapon I borrowed from a friend were nice.

Any news on these guys? Their website looks defunct.

I heard talk a few months back that they were shutting it down. Don't know how true the rumor was but I haven't seen or heard anything by/from/about ABC at all.

I heard talk a few months back that they were shutting it down. Don't know how true the rumor was but I haven't seen or heard anything by/from/about ABC at all.

Not true, ran into the owner last week and they're still at it.

I think they have kicked the bucket. There was a run of the Mission and Flying Squirrel last time I was at GGGt and that was 18months or more ago they said that it might be the last run made.

I think they have kicked the bucket. There was a run of the Mission and Flying Squirrel last time I was at GGGt and that was 18months or more ago they said that it might be the last run made.

Bummer. The flying squirrel is a staple for me.

Bump, these guys still kicking?

It's pretty much a one man show and he's not thrown in the towel yet. In a conversation earlier this year year he was talking about another run and some ideas for a new disc though I'd not hold my breath. Realistically I think he just got buried under all the new plastic out there. I don't see him going away but going forward is not easy.

Has he thought about partnering up with someone/a group to help his "footprint"?

Bump...

Got a Money, Flying Squirrel and Secret Weapon to test out. Never really thrown these, especially since I thought the company was out of business. Infinite and DGC recently had a big restock, so I guess Pastore is still kicking.

Bump...

Got a Money, Flying Squirrel and Secret Weapon to test out. Never really thrown these, especially since I thought the company was out of business. Infinite and DGC recently had a big restock, so I guess Pastore is still kicking.

I've only thrown the Flying Squirrel (although it's been a few years), but it's a great, glidey, understable mid. That's awesome to hear that Dan is still making some sweet plastic.

Bump...

Please give us a review.

After throwing a few...

The Secret Weapon is pretty much a SW/RR kind of disc. I like the flat profile. It flips up nicely and glides and gets similar distance to the RR/Valks I throw.

The Money is basically a Warlock/beadless Aviar stand in, solid putter.

The Flying Squirrel is the real star. Kind of flies like a beat in premium Comet. Glidey, turns and just goes. Long for a mid too because of the glide. Flying Squirrel has a chance to really stick around, really dig the flight.

Ordered a Mission to try too...ABC is definitely an underrated company.

I have a Flying Squirrel in their champion-type plastic and it's been my go-to on shortish right doglegs for years. It's super consistent. It seems to "go right" instead of turn over if that makes sense. (Though you can obviously turn it over--it is an understable disc).

Naturally it also flips to straight and is a good choice for standstills as well. Not a terrible choice to loan out to first time players either.

I love my squirrel, so I bought a backup, and then another when I thought ABC was dead. But my first squirrel flies pretty much the same as day 1. Really nice plastic. Maybe someone can weigh if there's a difference between the squirrels in their two plastics.

I have a Flying Squirrel in their champion-type plastic and it's been my go-to on shortish right doglegs for years. It's super consistent. It seems to "go right" instead of turn over if that makes sense. (Though you can obviously turn it over--it is an understable disc).

Naturally it also flips to straight and is a good choice for standstills as well. Not a terrible choice to loan out to first time players either.

I love my squirrel, so I bought a backup, and then another when I thought ABC was dead. But my first squirrel flies pretty much the same as day 1. Really nice plastic. Maybe someone can weigh if there's a difference between the squirrels in their two plastics.

I get this...I need to throw it more but to me the FS is one of the few US mids that kind of mimics the flight of a "beat in" stable mid...it turns and glides but if thrown well, it won't just turn hard and burn.

Latest posts