• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace Race Disc this year?

59068_428926438643_325231118643_5183064_6813853_n.jpg

Bro D are you in this one?? is that you in the rapotrs jersey? or is it a bobcats jersey?

jubuttib said:
turso said:
The disc is approved. The name is Zeppelin.
It's huge, glides well and doesn't go fast. Quite fitting.

I think that is a very fitting name myself, I really liked the flight of this disc in both ESP and D; both mine were in max weight.

I'll keep it in the bag for the winter and work on my flicks, not sure if I'll keep it yet. Didn't get to play the Ace Race this year, so I haven't been able to "really" play with it. With my current bag setup, I find this to be an overlap or a utility disc at best. We'll see how things fair in the coming snowy months.

turso said:
Yeah, I like the name as well, and excited to see if they'll put out some 170g ones.
It required to much hydrogen and they would catch fire when they hit the basket so they scrapped the lightweight ones.

I feel like zeppelin should have been a super class disc. But then I think the name would be too close to zephyr for that.

Tossin' in Memphis said:
I'm dazed and confused by this disc....Babe, I'm gonna leave it

Memphis, I know you're like "play some Rush" quickly followed by "Freebird!" This Tom Sawyer is yelling stairway to heaven and I'll trade for your Pro D.

I guess tossin' wasn't interested in a trade...

Anyway, I'm still dingin' the Ace Race Zeppelin lid. Thrown hard and fIat, it predictably turns over on my backhand without fade yet stable enough to hold that line to the ground and not just burn over. Backhanded with touch its STRAIGHT with out fade, which works well for downhill. My favorite use is anny flicks where I just visualize an arch and with a quick snap its easy to range, no fade out no roll over, and a lot less nose angle sensitive than other putters I've tried to sidearm.

anyone else still throwing one of these? I have kept one in my bag for playing catch between rounds and I guess the time with it has paid of because the other i pulled it out for an approach and parked it so did it again same result. when playing a longer course where i end up with a lot of 100'-150' shot i am using the zeppelin more and more. I wist the would make it in the elite x plastic but since it never made production i don't see this happening.

Latest posts