• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace Race shipping confirmation for TDs?

throwfromthewoods

Double Eagle Member
I was just wondering from any Ace Race TDs if they ever got some kind of shipping confirmation from their Packs being shipped out before the event, or if they just kind of showed up on your doorstep? I have an event on Sunday and I know they always wait until the last day or two but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. Thanks!

My Ace Race was on 8/4. The players packs were delivered on 8/2. I got an email with the UPS tracking number on 7/27.

I was worried you guys would say something like that. I've got 3 shipping days left until my event weekend and no shipping confirmation yet. I've contacted the order site and Discraft just to double check, but no word yet. Let's hope it all works out...

Call Discraft directly, I did when I had a question about Paypal payments for the race my club and i are running, and they called back w/in a couple of hours

Talked to Discraft on Tuesday. They said they were really backed up with Ace Race orders, but that they assured me it would be at my door Friday and they would pay whatever shipping fees to do it. That's all well and good, but now it's 2pm on Thursday and still no shipping info. Am I being overly paranoid about this?

Talked to Discraft on Tuesday. They said they were really backed up with Ace Race orders, but that they assured me it would be at my door Friday and they would pay whatever shipping fees to do it. That's all well and good, but now it's 2pm on Thursday and still no shipping info. Am I being overly paranoid about this?

So, were you?

My TD said his package arrived at 5:45pm the day before the Ace Race.

I did get the packs, but I don't think I was being overly paranoid. I got shipping confirmation at 3 in the afternoon on Friday. They had to drop who knows how much in shipping to overnight air it. I got it right around the same time as your TD.

And I don't know if this was the norm for this year, but I only got 2 weights. 175-176g and 173-174g. Maybe everyone's packs were close to max weight. I remember getting a bigger range on the Hornets in 2010, though.

It's fine, they got them to me in time. I do wish I didn't have to spend all that time sorting through my order until 11 the night before my event, but it is what it is. Hopefully next year they anticipate a little better. I get they don't want to over-commit finances to an event that might not produce a production line disc, but this year was handled a bit sloppy. Super late release info, lazy (in my opinion anyways) design work on the minis compared to previous years (no colors to choose from, little actual graphic work, etc.), and very last minute delivery.

Again, in the end it all worked out, but I'll look forward to next year being better. Looking forward to a low profile approach putter, lol. Ha! First speculation.

The Ace Race I attended had only two colors of discs, so everyone got a blue and a pink one. I was a bit disappointed - I thought if I showed up early I'd have a choice of several colors (I like yellow and orange).

Latest posts