• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aces, 2009 edition

rusch_bag said:
Got Hole 7 yesterday at Red Arrow Park in Oshkosh Wisconsin with a thumber with my whippet. I am in need of a new whippet now though! Here is a pic of the hole. The sideways tree has fallen more and you have to throw over it now. I dedicated it my ace to MJ.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?p=course_pics/1732/a965f371.jpg

Damn dude, you're getting a ton of aces this year!

My buddy Mark (you met him earlier this week at the shop) aced that hole 2 weeks ago.

Got another one the other day. Just traded a guy for a CFR Gator on discaroo & ended up hitting a nice skip ace with it on the first day. That makes 7 so far this year. They've been in the air this year.

mzuleger said:
rusch_bag said:
Got Hole 7 yesterday at Red Arrow Park in Oshkosh Wisconsin with a thumber with my whippet. I am in need of a new whippet now though! Here is a pic of the hole. The sideways tree has fallen more and you have to throw over it now. I dedicated my ace to MJ.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?p=course_pics/1732/a965f371.jpg

Damn dude, you're getting a ton of aces this year!

My buddy Mark (you met him earlier this week at the shop) aced that hole 2 weeks ago.

Now that the basket is actually in the ground it makes the hole easier. Haha and yeah I have been getting really lucky this year.

All right, so it's been a hot year for aces. I'm curious to see how hot it really is. Who has the most aces since January 1st, this year? So far, I've had my best year for them which consists of 7 basket aces so far (I don't count trees and neither should you). Let me hear it, who's getting seriously lucky this year?

I only have 4 this year but they have all been within the past 2 months. If I were to go back to this date last year (or even september 1st) I would have 7.

rusch_bag said:
I only have 4 this year but they have all been within the past 2 months. If I were to go back to this date last year (or even september 1st) I would have 7.
Nice!!! I'm usually not too into hitting the ace as opposed to an easy bird, but something about this year seems to indicate that a lot of golfers are going to hit a shit load of aces. Just within my small group of golfers (8 golfers), we've had over 25 aces this year. I hope you hit one today, tomorrow and the next day.

I don't gun for aces myself I have just been getting very lucky. Only one of them has been clean and that was a short hole with a wizard, otherwise I have had one that skipped and then bounced off a tree and went in, skipped a roc off of a fairly large rock 15 feet in front of the basket that went in, and my last was a thumber. All of them would have been birdies if something freak didn't happen.

Nice, once again. My favorite aces are the ones that skip. If you hit it in the air, chances are you got REALLY lucky and would've had at least 40 foot putt for bird. Out of my 14 aces (yes 1/2 of which were this year) 7 were skips, I love it. Good karma, I don't know, but it's working.

Good friend of mine hit an ace on hole 3 at Belmont yesterday then proceeded to nearly hit a skip ace on hole 4.

I still beat him out in the round somehow. :mrgreen:

#17 at red arrow (oshkosh wi) with a champ teebird. It's a fun hole, 393ft down hill... i'll admit it, I freaked out a bit.

Got one on saturday! Hole #5, Apple Creek course @ plamann in Appleton, WI. 291' w/ a thumber. Hit right in front of the basket & simply leap frogged up & in.

pd

pointdisc said:
Got one on saturday! Hole #5, Apple Creek course @ plamann in Appleton, WI. 291' w/ a thumber. Hit right in front of the basket & simply leap frogged up & in.

pd

Good job! that's a nice course... easy but fun

Thanks! Never played it before saturday and that was for Badger State (fun "tourney" btw). It's the second ace w/ the Colonel.

pd

ive been playin since june-july 08... got my first ace on 2-25-09 on a 270 ft hole with star firebird... got my second on 3-27-09 on a 230 ft hole with star firebird... and got my third ace on a 190 ft hole with my beat "goto" 172 ss wizard