• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aces, 2009 edition

ive been playin since june-july 08... got my first ace on 2-25-09 on a 270 ft hole with star firebird... got my second on 3-27-09 on a 230 ft hole with star firebird... and got my third ace on a 190 ft hole with my beat "goto" 172 ss wizard on 6-31-09

Hit an ace tonight at our weekly league and took home $101

Not bad for a 120 foot ace :lol:

Hit my first of the season this afternoon. Hole #7 at Cache La Poudre just outside of Ft Collins in Laporte, CO. About 200ft of heavily wooded goodness! Took a straight shot witha Star Coyote, and banged the chains! My wife and 2 sons (3, and 9 mos) were there to witness it!

fb20d538.jpg

Hit my first ever LEGIT ace lol. I say that because like a year ago I hit a small 100 foot hook shot, flicking a second mess-around shot from next to the teepad. Hardly countable as I've made longer jump putts.

This one was a regular ol' 200 footer backhand hyzer skip with a firebird. One of those movie explosion scenes where I heard the chains as I was walking back from the tee. Little C tier tourney with a $2 a person ace fee. Luckily I was the only ace cuz the pot was just $80! Perfectly covering the whole trip and cost of tourney. What's more it was a CTP hole so I got the 2-for-1 special. Aaaaaaaaand it turned my round around to save me a spot in a 3-way tie for 3rd. I'm a sore loser so this turned out to be one of the most fun tourneys I've been to lol. Great tourney from the Waco boys!

hole 2, tut hill park, sioux falls sd.
285 ft hole, hit it sidearm with a esp surge. ace #25ish. 6th of the year

Prior to this year I had one ace, Breeze - Kaposia winter #18 174'.

This year I've had five so far...

Kaposia winter #11 320'- Breeze
Oakwood #5 240'- Challenger
Oakwood #10 200'- Breeze
Acorn #6 307'- Buzzz
Hyland #1 240'?- Challenger

Man, people told me you hit a bunch right after your first one, but I didn't believe them!

#1 04/03/2009 (as in, my first ever!) Raintree Park (new layout), Hole 7 - 260ish sky anny with a Z Comet. Stalled it pin high and it faded right in.
#2 04/25/2009 Stony Creek, Hole 14 - 210?ish over a pond. Soft-APX (baby comet!). Near laser straight, faded right in.
#3 07/03/2009 Firefighters Park, Hole 5 - 240?ish, ESP Comet. Flipped flat, started tracking right about half way down and faded right in.

Just started playing disc golf couple months ago and got addicted.
Burrowed all my cousins discs and hit my home course for some field practice.
Threw in the field for 1 and half hours before deciding to go empty his bag on my favorite hole.
The seventh disc went into the chains and showed me what an ace looks like. Doesn't count but it sure was motivating. I would be out there everyday if I didn't have to burrow discs all the time.

1st Tournament ACE
7/11/09
Firebowl III B-Tier
Sanders Ferry DGC Hole #7 175gr Wizard NEW
Hendersonville, Ky
The 1st round of the tournament I had lost my 175 SS Wizard that was my main driving putter for 4 years.
The 2nd round I pulled out one of my harder SS 175gr Wizards and was having a bad round and then got on a birdie run, and had the box. Hole #7 235ft slightly uphill trees all along the left, and hanging down in fromnt of the basket. Threw a nice soft hyzer out to the right and the line was just right and smash everyone went nuts (the guys on the hole behind us, and the guys on the pad in front of us. I took my nice jog to the basket to retreive and really fel good. That was #8 for me 2nd with a putter, but 1st tournament ace.

thuracine187 said:
Threw in the field for 1 and half hours before deciding to go empty his bag on my favorite hole.
The seventh disc went into the chains and showed me what an ace looks like. Doesn't count but it sure was motivating. I would be out there everyday if I didn't have to burrow discs all the time.

Go buy a wizard, roc, teebird and have a blast that is all ya need to get started, hell any putter and any decent mid will do to cure the DG withdrawal

jnecessary said:
thuracine187 said:

Go buy a wizard, roc, teebird and have a blast that is all ya need to get started, hell any putter and any decent mid will do to cure the DG withdrawal

Can't be spending money on disc's right more important things have to be taken care of first.I do have 3 of my own that I found. Only one of them had a contact info and he told me to keep it.
-Aviar-x
-Champion Orc
-Pro D Stratus

Got my second ace of the year and third career today. Hole #6 at Golden Hills in Christiansburg, VA. 175 g SSS wizard down the hill and just drifted to the left perfectly to smash the chains dead center and stick. Link to a picture from the white tee. Picture was taken in winter so you gotta imagine in some leaves and then take out the little skinny tree in the middle of the fairway just across the creek. When you actually stand at the tee the two guard trees just beyond the tee don't seem quite so narrow though they get hit plenty.

Here's the scene. Start Horn just went off for a tourney in NH. Shake hands with the 2 guys I am playing with. MPO. First guy steps up and aces the hole. 250' down hill.

How are you supposed to follow that up?

Solbo said:
Here's the scene. Start Horn just went off for a tourney in NH. Shake hands with the 2 guys I am playing with. MPO. First guy steps up and aces the hole. 250' down hill.

A quick side kick to the knee. Take out the competition :twisted:

TeamTollandDG said:
Solbo said:

It was funny. He was killing it, then came back to us a little bit, then killed it again and pulled away at the end. What can ya do? I should have made all those makeable putts and I would have been fine.

Solbo said:
TeamTollandDG said:
Solbo said:

It was funny. He was killing it, then came back to us a little bit, then killed it again and pulled away at the end. What can ya do? I should have made all those makeable putts and I would have been fine.

Yup......you should have swept the leg on the first tee when you had a chance to.