• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aces 2010

eky8 said:
Played Riverpark in Riverdale UT today. Windy, light snow. (In May?) Playing hole 10 an open 289' shot with an OB path on the right and a Huge tree right in the middle of the fairway. Threw a disc I don't like (166g. Champion Groove) low and to the right. took a huge skip off the OB path and smashed chains. May have skipped twice. First Ace. :D Been playing for 2 1/2 years. And I play a lot. :D

33ommte.jpg
Hey that's my home course. We'll have to play a round if you play there often.

So there was this group of 5-6 dudes that were obviously being weak about letting my buddy and I play through. Got to hole 4 at Bijou and as soon as they were just walking away from the basket I through my Wraith. It hit the sand and anny skipped right in the chains. They still didn't offer a play through at the next tee but at that point i didn't even care. Hole 4 Bijou in South Lake Tahoe. Something like 325-340ft. #6 of the year so far.

b2991e91.jpg

Elevated Plastic said:
So there was this group of 5-6 dudes that were obviously being weak about letting my buddy and I play through. Got to hole 4 at Bijou and as soon as they were just walking away from the basket I through my Wraith. It hit the sand and anny skipped right in the chains. They still didn't offer a play through at the next tee but at that point i didn't even care. Hole 4 Bijou in South Lake Tahoe. Something like 325-340ft. #6 of the year so far.

b2991e91.jpg

So if people don't immediately allow you to play through them you throw on them? That's pretty sweet bro.

inthedrift said:
So if people don't immediately allow you to play through them you throw on them? That's pretty sweet bro.

I do this all the time when I play solo and big groups wont recognize me. I let them finish and then park the drive. that usually works

zj1002 said:
inthedrift said:

I do this all the time when I play solo and big groups wont recognize me. I let them finish and then park the drive. that usually works

At least you let them finish. Sounds like the OP decides when he's waited long enough and throws while others are still on the hole. It sounds exactly like what most of the shirtless 18-20 year olds around here do.

inthedrift said:
zj1002 said:
inthedrift said:

At least you let them finish. Sounds like the OP decides when he's waited long enough and throws while others are still on the hole. It sounds exactly like what most of the shirtless 18-20 year olds around here do.

We all hate it when people don't follow course etiquette. Back to happy thread.

We started on hole 10 and as did they. We were on there ass for 20+ holes. It was time.

It is never time to unsafetly throw a disc into a group of people on the disc golf course. Hitting someone with a disc will never be worth it.*

*From reading your original post, I don't think this is what you did, and am not accusing you of doing anything improper. More that if we're going to be having a discussion of it, I'd like to make the point.

I'm confident with my throw and knew they were out of the way. I didn't want to peeps to be bent or think I was a jerk, but ohwell it's just the internet. Back to the topic I chained out of hole 9 at Truckee the next day. Almost got 2 in 2 days.

Hole 16 at Canton with an Organic Wizard this time. The back of the basket is looking pretty funny these days, says my name, lists an ace with a soft wizard, then evo wizard, then organic wizard. Which will be next? :lol:

first time playing barnett park in orlando fl (vacation) and hit an ace on hole 12 with a star teebird then lost the same disc (signed and all) on hole 7 in the nasty creek

it was only my second ace that was during play in three years of playing

My very 1st ever.
Happened last Wednesday. Lake Lewisville #16 with a StarTL
I've hit that basket so many times....finally one stayed in.

I was fooling around at Northshore in Fayetteville, AR and hit #15 on a practice throw. Not a real "ace," but still sweet. It was a huge anhyzer putter in the 230' range I would guess.

Aced #7 at the TxState West Campus Course with an 05 champ roc. Normally would throw a putter but needed the late fade for a skip and it worked perfectly. Literally skipped upwards, hung in the air for what felt like 5 seconds and dropped right in, barely touching the chains.

I had two aces within a week at my university

University of Wisconsin Whitewater

University Wisconsin at Whitewater
Hole #18
Ace #13
06/28/10
about 5 - 10 feet high elevation from tee to basket
240 feet
First round white challenger spitout. Sick!
Second round black challenger straight in.

University Wisconsin at Whitewater
Hole #16
Ace #14
07/01/10
Pure hyzer slightly up the hill
Proline squall

As i got to hole #16, a police lady (campus police) on a segway,
pulled up and asked me about dg. Told her about it and the concept
etc... She asked me if i ever got a hole in one before? Told her about
last week and #18. She wanted to see me throw one. Boom shacka lacka!
Told me, the deaf guy, all about the sound that it made, never heard it before and
etc.. Congratulate me and she left on her segway. After the round
over, found her on my way out and got her signature