• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am I throwing to hard and not smooth enough?

I'd like to add, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but in order to get a putter out that far, don't you have to put a lot more height on your throw as well as executing proper form?

More height? Yes.
You're not gonna see anyone bombing a putter 350' on a heavily wooded hole with lots of overhanging trees on the fairway.
Putters are great off the tee, and I can only speak for myself, but you gotta have some room to work with them.

Thanks for the help. I am throwing the Roc and the Teebird clean and smooth. I am getting fairly smooth with the Aviars, they just seem a little floppy and I didn't know if it was me or the disc. I guess I will get a Banger GT to drive with and keep putting with the Aviars. Eventually I would like to move away from the Aviar to putt with, but just don't want to buy new disc for putting until I can try something first.
I don't know if this will help, and it's probably just semantics, but I prefer to think of it as "clean" rather than "smooth." Smooth seems a bit ambiguous but clean means that you're throwing without OAT. It sounds to me like you have a little bit, but not very much, OAT in your throws and that's causing the P&A's to flip more than your other discs. I'd actually recommend seeing how far you can throw the P&A's on pure hyzers that don't flip up at all. Start short and see just how far out you can go with them. I fully agree with the suggestion to get a beaded putter, but the P&A's are showing you a flaw you may not have seen otherwise so it might not be a bad idea to use them to help fix it. Just be sure to transfer what you learn to all of your drives.

Did a little field work today with my mids and putters. I worked with the Aviar P&A's for a while and got them to fly pretty straight up to about 225'. I figured a little more about the elbow chop instead of arming it at the end and that seemed to take a lot of the flip out.

I don't think I have much OAT, I believe I was trying to strong arm the end of the throw instead of chopping it.

Still working on it. It is going to be a long process. I am much more interested in controlling the direction of the throw rather than trying to bomb for max D.

It could very well be the disc if itäs beat up... I can throw my champion p&a aviar straight up to 230 feet currently, but my old dx p&a aviar will always turn over on throws longer than ~120 feet.