• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Announcing Discmania Evolution and Active

Luster PD2. MUCH more OS than any regular PD2. N-a-s-t-y...
I'm aware :), I bag a red one. The problem is they aren't in regular production. I bag a Hyzerbomb Sabot. It's a little more beefy than my Luster PD2. I want a something MF Max overstable to be put into regular production.

I wonder if Frost Line or Opto-X might be some of these Evolution plastics. Lat never made them regulars in their own product line.

Seems pretty obvious to me that the three Evolution blends are the standard Latitude blends: Exo = Zero, Neo = Opto, Lux = Gold. Would make no sense for Latitude to take their limited run plastics like Frost or OptoX and run them regularly for another company.

It seems that most Innova players can throw any disc that has Innova tooling. So no, Ricky won't be able to throw the Harp as it is produced by Lat 64.

Thats because all discs with Innova tooling are INNOVA. Innova makes the discs....its an Innova disc....doesnt matter what you name it or what stamp you put on it.

The Active brand logo for Yikun Discs looks like a Cheep brand that makes sports clothes like the Augusta Sportswear logo. The others look like a cool brand that makes discs for people. I bet that Innova players still can only use the Innova Discmania disc. It is nice to see a brand that is not tying down to one company's products and rather using a few of the better brands of disc manufacturers. I hope that if say Yikun Discs fails that Discmania buys out the company disc and molds and makes those molds in house with same name just different Discmania logo. Latiude 64 was a logical choice since they are the biggest manufacter in Europe where discs are made not by a USA based Company.

I think the only thing people actually wanted was some Discmania use of Yikun overmold and well that didnt happen.

Seems pretty obvious to me that the three Evolution blends are the standard Latitude blends: Exo = Zero, Neo = Opto, Lux = Gold. Would make no sense for Latitude to take their limited run plastics like Frost or OptoX and run them regularly for another company.

Jussi said on live Q&A that they aint the regular Lat64 plastic blends. Blends will be made just for Discmania.

Jussi said on live Q&A that they aint the regular Lat64 plastic blends. Blends will be made just for Discmania.

Sure....like Lucid is a blend made just for DD. And BT is special just for Westside. ;)

But even if they are truly brand new plastic blends just for Discmania, they won't be the limited run plastics that Lat already has produced discs in like OptoX or Frost.

Sure....like Lucid is a blend made just for DD. And BT is special just for Westside. ;)

But even if they are truly brand new plastic blends just for Discmania, they won't be the limited run plastics that Lat already has produced discs in like OptoX or Frost.

Also said that NEO is only blend which is ready to produce. EXO and LUX are still in working process. Same with molds, on working process.

So blends will be completely new - no limited run plastics or regural blends. I don't see a thing why Jussi would lie on this. Of course there will be somekind of similarity with Lat64 blends.

Hopefully now I'll be able to get
- A very overstable flat top beadless mid/putter from Discmania. Something like a Pig/Mortar/Zone.
- A SUPER beefy driver like an Innova Max/Monster would also be great to add to the Discmania lineup. It would kick Eagles MF Max out of his bag.

Perhaps a mold like a Harp.

Also said that NEO is only blend which is ready to produce. EXO and LUX are still in working process. Same with molds, on working process.

So blends will be completely new - no limited run plastics or regural blends. I don't see a thing why Jussi would lie on this. Of course there will be somekind of similarity with Lat64 blends.

Because Marketing.

It wouldn't be cost effective to make all new blends.

They could be experimenting with their plastics in different mixture percentages, like Innova perhaps has done with the Infinite Disc line of discs and I-blend plastic.

What is I blend? I have not used any discs from the Infinite lineup.

To make a short story long, I've always believed that Star plastic begins as Pro with some additives put in to make Star more resilient and better quality. Some Pro (and we're talking driver Pro here) is almost Star-like in quality, and some is a notch down on the quality and durability scale.

If Infinite Discs or Innova reveals what I-blend is, take their word for it, but I suspect I-Blend is a Pro-based mixture that is really good quality, Star-ish but at Pro prices. I also think it was an experimental mixture that went right. :thmbup:

To make a short story long, I've always believed that Star plastic begins as Pro with some additives put in to make Star more resilient and better quality. Some Pro (and we're talking driver Pro here) is almost Star-like in quality, and some is a notch down on the quality and durability scale.

If Infinite Discs or Innova reveals what I-blend is, take their word for it, but I suspect I-Blend is a Pro-based mixture that is really good quality, Star-ish but at Pro prices. I also think it was an experimental mixture that went right. :thmbup:

So like a new version of Echo Star? As if Echo Star was not a recycled Star but rather made as a blend. I was hoping it was a Champion Pro, that needs to be a blend as a plastic unless Star is a blend of Champion and Pro togther. Champion/Pro could make a griped plastic blend that is like a super durable Star like plastic that lasts a long time and it would be like a Big Z in terms of how translucent the plastic is.

So like a new version of Echo Star? As if Echo Star was not a recycled Star but rather made as a blend. I was hoping it was a Champion Pro, that needs to be a blend as a plastic unless Star is a blend of Champion and Pro togther. Champion/Pro could make a griped plastic blend that is like a super durable Star like plastic that lasts a long time and it would be like a Big Z in terms of how translucent the plastic is.

Some believe Star is a blend of Pro and Champion; I'm not totally sure of that, but it could be. Echostar was allegedly recycled Star, and may be the main ingredient of Swirly Star plastic (as an anecdotal observation, Echostar started going OOP as more Swirly Star molds were made for things like Tour Series). Chemists and Materials Engineers could probably talk all day about different blends and such stuff...

I guess one day we'll find out what I-blend really is.... :popcorn: