• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Anode or Yeti Aviar

Which new putter should I get

• Anode

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Yeti Pro Aviar

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Other

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hoffmoney

Recently have been wanting to add a new putter to the bag. Currently have a jk pro aviar and a dx aviar. I personally think these are alright putters but not the best feel for me. I have read through some other forums and have come across the anode as a better option and I do really like mvp discs. My other option as of now is a yeti aviar as I have tried it and it works really well for me. Opinions?

Welcome to the site!

You already have two types of Aviars, so why not try the MVP? :thmbup:

I suggest the Anode in Plasma plastic. It is very durable, feels great in the hand, and looks amazing. Plus it has a bit more glide than the other plastics. The Anode is an excellent straight putter, both for putting, and driving. You're really going to like it.

Last edited:
I'm going to go in the other direction and say if it's not broke don't fix it. If the Yeti and your other Aviars are working for you then I'd stick with them. It's fun to try new discs though so there's that too and Anode is a solid mold, I had two aces on mine but prefer the Wizard.

What are you looking for shot wise? Is this going to more of a throwing or putting putter?

Completely different. Yeti's feel awesome in a putting grip. Anodes are great driving/upshot putters, and I enjoy putting them a lot.

If you just want to add a putting only disc and you like your Aviars, Yeti is good. If you want to add a driving putter or don't mind putting with premium plastic, then the Anode is like a more high speed stable Aviar that doesn't beat up.

I love Anodes.

Shot wise I am primarily looking for a putting putter but having another to drive with would not be bad.

Yeti is the best driving putter on the market, IMO. I also putt with them (and have since the came out), but I know that some people don't like putting with deep/beaded putters.

Having had both, I'd go with the anode for purely putting, and for putting/driving/upshot.

the only problem with the anode is the plastic material, does not stick in the chains as well as other plastics like dx. you can say this is user error but I've tested them back and forth.

For putting, it really comes down to the feel of the disc in your hand and your plastic preference. Anodes are only available in premium plastic and Yetis are only available in baseline plastic, so that should make your decision easier. I used to putt with premium plastic discs a lot, which works fine for me when the conditions are good. I ended up switching to baseline putters just because when the conditions are lousy, they don't slip out of your hand and cost you strokes, and switching putters every time the weather is wet is a recipe for poor putting anyway.

So, all that said, if you prefer baseline plastic for putting, and you already know you like the Yeti feel, then go with a Yeti. If you'd rather try putting with premium plastic for a while and want a shiny new mold to try out, go with an Anode.

Love the Yeti!

Wasn't wild about the Anode, Nothing wrong with it, it just didn't fit my grip.

Might want to Paw an Atom, handled a few today and almost went for it, but the heaviest one they had was a 166gr. Maybe next time.

FWIW I only putt with Anodes and have no problem with spit outs or anything with my putting style. I used to use base plastic putters (Aviars, Wizards), and I still use some for putting practice along side the Anodes and notice zero difference in chain outs or anything like that between the discs for how I putt.

People who say premium plastic putters dont stick to the chains are smoking rocks. Ive seen many spit outs from baseline or premium it has nothing to do with the plastic.

Most pros use a hard baseline anyways which is very premium esq when new not like its full of grip until you use the discs. MVPs plastics are no different just will hold up for years of DRIVING and putting from plasma, proton, or neutron. I have some uber chalky neutron ions people just dont even know.

As I said earlier, my problem with putting premium plastic putters had nothing to do with spit outs and everything to do with grip in wet conditions. I live in the Pacific NW and it tends to rain for about half the year here, so grip in wet conditions is very important. I used premium plastic putters (including an Anode and an Ion) for a couple years, and I agree with you about spit outs and "sticking to the chains" (whatever that means). I don't think any type of plastic "sticks to the chains" any more than any other type. However, I DO think that you can have grip issues with premium plastic putters in wet conditions, especially after playing 10 holes in the rain when your towel is soaked and your hands are pruny. If I still lived in Florida (where I grew up), then I'd probably still be using premium plastic putters, so it probably depends on how the weather is where you live.

Last edited:
Baseline putters all the way. Wish you were using Wizards, but Aviars are the next best thing. Think about this:

Fall in love with the DX Aviar, they are 8 bucks a piece, less with x outs.

Fall in love with Anodes they are anywhere from 16 to 20 a piece. LOL

Lol.... My 2011 ions that look mint are LOL faces even harder.

Good luck driving with those yetis and saying the same thing. In the long run you will not wear out a anode from putting' ever....

Anodes fly beautiful but it is like trying to putt with a Chicago deep dish pizza pan. If you have the right hand configuration for them to be comfortable, then by all means throw them. Ions are easier to grip, Envys are even better with Atoms being the easiest....of course for my hands. Your mileage may vary

Last edited:
Anodes are the same as ions but do not have a bead. Crazy talk saying ions are easier to grip if the profile is your problem.