• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Any way to quick cool your own discs?

JHBlader86

Eagle Member
I'm wondering if I boil some discs then take them out with some tongs or whatever and throw it into some ice water if it will quick cool the discs enough to make them less stable? Would this work or just be a stupid experiment??

I'd say give it a shot if you've got a disc you don't mind screwing up if it doesn't work! Let us know how things turn out...

altim.jpg

I would worry about uneven cooling, that might warp the disc.

melting the disc != warming the disc
molding molten plastic != warming molded plastic

If you want to try and change the stabilities of discs, warm/boiling water will work. If you put boiling water in an upside down disc and allow it to flatten, it should get more overstable in most instances. The outside rim should get pulled up toward the flight plate during this process.

If you want to try and add dome, lower the outer edge, and potentially reduce the overstability, you can try finding a pot or other metal object that is slightly smaller than the discs outside diameter. That will let you pour some boiling water into the upside down disc while it's supported, and allow you to put some sort of even pressure on the center of the disc.

This works on base plastic discs okay.

Latest posts