• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Anyone out there throw an element?

just started throwing one this weekend. It's right around 179g and I had an easy time with it. Feels similar to my buzzz but i haven't used it enough yet to say for sure.

I would say it is a little understable. Also low on glide...but mine was a really heavy HPP...I will have some light S Elements to compare. I liked the disc, it would just land and sit but the lack of glide and weight made me throw it really hard which caused turnover problems for me.

I've thought about it but I hear that there are massive run inconsistencies with them (With Gateway? GTFO, I know) so I've steered clear from them. Look interesting though, kind of like a Stingray with a little bead.

I just got one two days ago and have only thrown it very short distances so far, but from the little that I have thrown it, it doesn't seem as understable as I have heard that it is. Maybe once I play with it on a longer course it will be. I'll post about it if I play tomorrow.

So I've got mad love for elements...My first and only ace was with an element sure grip. However, as it got beat up, pretty quick at that, it became too understable to put any power into it. i also wanted to hang it on the wall. However, when it did fly well, the glide was amazing. Too bad there are run inconsistencies. Now I'm throwing drone/buzzz/mako. peace!

So I've got mad love for elements...My first and only ace was with an element sure grip. However, as it got beat up, pretty quick at that, it became too understable to put any power into it. i also wanted to hang it on the wall. However, when it did fly well, the glide was amazing. Too bad there are run inconsistencies. Now I'm throwing drone/buzzz/mako. peace!

What do the buzzz/mako do differently that you need both? Not trying to be a douche, just wondering.

I have some Hemp ones from the limited run Dave did, and they are understable as all get out...I love it, no more waiting for my Rocs to hit that sweet spot where they become understable for the brief period of time before becoming worthless. The element is a great disc for short anny shots and tight wooded shots.

The Element is a very easy disc to control. In lighter weights it's real easy to flip too. The 150s are a different mold than the heavier ones. I throw both a 150 and a 165. I have thrown the 175 version too. It's a brick compaired to the 165. But then I don't have much of an arm.

If it's an old mold one then it's a kind of understable mid that's still conrtolable in E plastic. It's pretty understable in S. If it's the new mold then it's more neutral with a bit more fade.

I think it's one of the easiest discs to control in conditions with absolutely no wind. I don't even try to use it when there's wind. I keep one in my bag, but only because I got my last ace with it. I typically reach for my one of my Buzzz's in similar situations.

Last edited:
Dave has thrown a bunch my way for my women's clinic and it seems like it will be a perfect disc for most of them.

/threadjack

i have a 178g proline element-x to trade if anyone is interested. pm for details.

/threadjack

My favorite elements are my 182g. Evolutions. They fly perfectly straight for about 240 and then end with a gentle anny for about 70-80 ft. when thrown flat. Really good hyzer flip disc, and dead straight for shorter approach shots.

I played two rounds today throwing my new element in evolution plastic. When thrown off the tee with a lot of snap, it would go straight for a long time, then fall out of the air to the left (rh bh). When thrown from the fairway, it would quickly turn left and start falling. It seemed like it really needed the snap of the full power throw off the tee. But off the tee, it was real sensitive to the angle of release, even a lttle anny or hyzer and it would go way off line. It also didn't seem to have much glide, I had to throw it low like a driver to keep it from suddenly dropping short of where I wanted it.

Mine didn't do what I have read about the disc, but if I ever need a straight and long mid off the tee, the element will be my choice now.

Mine is 178 g

One of the 1st discs I threw regularly was an evolution element. That thing flew straight and held all kinds of angles. It also had a lot of glide. The element does remind me of the buzzz, but the element had more glide and was a bit faster. The one I was throwing weighed in at 175.