• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Anyone tried the Innova Pro Pig

edge3281

Bogey Member
Has anyone tried the Pro Pig? Ideally I would like to hear about the 150 gram. The 150 floats in water and that is what has me looking at it in the first place. I haven't heard much about it and was just wondering if you guys had any insight.

I bought a 175 Pig hoping that it would have the same feel as my Pro Rhyno. Unfortunately it has a more plasticky feel than the Rhyno's rubbery feel. Either way, it feels great in my hand, but I think the difference in plastic makes it more prone to spit-throughs. Hopefully this will change as it gets beat in.

Pretty overstable and doesn't fly all that far. In limited use so far, in general I like my Rhyno better. But the Pig has come in handy a couple times when I needed a short, sharp hyzer toss.

I can't tolerate the tacky/stickiness of it. I love the idea, and the design, but I needs me a Star or Champ version, even Dx would be nice. The one I got sticks to my hand and releases to the right every time, no matter how I try not to let it happen. Waiting for a new plastic..

I have a 172 pig and have only used it for practice. It is extremely overstable and doesn't go as far as the Rhyno for me. Perhaps a 150 pig would be better for me, but at this weight, it would only be good for short hyzers, and I can use just about any disc for that type shot.

Perhaps when I get stronger, I will find it useful for short shots, especially into the wind. But Innova's initial declaration that it's a faster rhyno is not accurate for me.

I guess I'm the exception here....I LOVE my pig, however, I don't use mine as a backhand, but a forehand putter. I'd been playing around the last few months with a forehand putt shot, for those times you get in/behind trees etc. and you don't have any look but a forehand. My putters just didn't work for me, so I started using rynos. They were working fairly well since they had the "thumbtrac" . Then I won a pig at a tournament as a ctp pack. LOVED it first time I threw it forehand putting. It was much more stable, so I wasn't getting the "flop" while it was going for the basket like the ryno. I do agree with ya'll on backhand though, I don't like it as much, in fact backhand shots I'll pull out my ryno, <I like the soft pro version best>. In fact to give you an idea how well I've been putting with the pig, a group of us played Ript Revenge, when a friend of mine played a card on me the 2nd hole we started on, the card was take disc from your opponents bag, and he cannot use it the entire round, he took my pig because he saw me make some incredible forehand putts with it.....<won't happen again...just "cashed out" this weekend at a tournament, got a backup Pig!