• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ape $h!t

I think this is my favorite new disc. I used to have terrible off-axis-torque and this disc has cured it! It is my only driver that will go straight and then hyzer. Everything else just goes to the right and often rolls into the briars. What a great disc. Two thumbs up!

Whiz said:
I think this is my favorite new disc. I used to have terrible off-axis-torque and this disc has cured it! It is my only driver that will go straight and then hyzer. Everything else just goes to the right and often rolls into the briars. What a great disc. Two thumbs up!

Sounds like you still have OAT if the ape "cured" it yet u still turn and burn your other discs

Booter said:
Whiz said:

Sounds like you still have OAT if the ape "cured" it yet u still turn and burn your other discs

agreed lol

@Frank
im not exactly sure what was different about our equally stupid posts for you to point mine out as being uninformative let me try and do better lol

I throw like shit, then i got this disc that is so overstable even my terrible terrible terrible form is forever hidden, and my OAT is cured.

Also, more good news. It used to be that players and fairways in all directions would be in immediate danger whenever i threw, not the case anymore. Now that my OATidis is cured, only the fairways on the left are in immediate danger from being prematurely hyzered to death. Im even thinking about adding the ape as an overstable complement to my boss for putting in the wind and such.

-Regards
the 95% of disc golfers who own an Ape

*Edit- Whiz, just to clarify, im not making fun of you or your post specifically

Booter said:
Whiz said:

I think Whiz wrote that with tons of sarcasm. If you've ever seen him throw, he has the cleanest release. He's the only guy I know that can throw my trashed Assassins and Teebirds and not have them turn over at all.

Booter said:
Whiz said:

trolled.

If you go over to the Incomplete Secret post they can beat around the bush for half a year about a way that you might or might not be able to throw this disc some day.

it is no longer in my bag.

hardly anything new ever makes my bag. the only "new" disc(s) that have made the bag in the past 4 years is the champ pd2. the ape is a decent disc to pick up if you can't find any super stable destroyers. i now have a nice stack of extra stable destroyers so for me there is no Ape in my bag.

I find the Ape a puzzling disc...For a blunt nose driver it's not really overstable enough to power flat into the wind, yet because of the blunt nose it's not as fast as other discs with the same rim width, and does not have the same distance potential. I'm really finding the Quasar to be the disc that I had hoped the Ape would be.

discspeed said:
I find the Ape a puzzling disc...For a blunt nose driver it's not really overstable enough to power flat into the wind, yet because of the blunt nose it's not as fast as other discs with the same rim width, and does not have the same distance potential. I'm really finding the Quasar to be the disc that I had hoped the Ape would be.
Have you tried the Legacy Rampage yet speed?

Dookville said:
discspeed said:
Have you tried the Legacy Rampage yet speed?

I've thrown it a couple of times...The grip is really awkward for me. Besides that it seemed stable, but I have yet to get full rips on it to see it's high speed turn.