• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Are there any patents on our favorite discs?

No idea as to the validity of the million dollar plus thing, but let's still pump the breaks. If it is a million per year that we're talking about, then yeah, that might garner some outside attention. But it probably isn't even close to that. A million dollars over a number of years (3? 4? 5?)? Much more realistic and not going to make many waves outside of our very insular community.

If that winds up being real, that's a heck of a raise! Good for him. Thanks for the info.
Yeah, I've gotten a million over four from several people. The CCDG guy seems to yell "HIGHER!" to all the guesses I've seen, though. In the end, I don't think the terms of the deal will ever be disclosed and we will just speculate until the end of time about how much $$$ it took to lure Paul McBeth away from Innova.

Or maybe people will realize one by one that we don't really care. Oh, look! End of time wondering averted for me. :thmbup: :|

I guess you don't think Paul getting a million+ dollar contract doesn't point to the possibility of getting attention from much potential bigger players in the future? Hence.....discussion.

How is he getting that much from Discraft, when he's staying with Innova?

Pronunciation, for one. For another, "Distroyer" isn't a real word, so the intent of using that for a disc designed to be similar to a Destroyer seems pretty transparently an attempt to confuse or deceive consumers.

Neither is "snuck", but we use it all of the time. How about a disc named "The Snucker"?

Sure it is, if you don't mind sounding like an illiterate hillbilly that makes up your own words. :p

Not sure if I missed an inside joke or what, but do you really think you "sneaked" out of the house on Friday nights back in high school? You didn't...you snuck out of the house.

Seriously though, if someone can find a modern grammar textbook with snuck having taken the place of sneaked, then I will concede. Are they actually teaching that in schools?

I remember my college English teacher saying on the first day that snuck is not a word, she made a point of it. Of course that was over 20 yrs ago and a lot can change. So if they are teaching it in scewel, then itz a werd.

Latest posts