• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

As far as I know am not, I rarely have them turn and burn, they're just a little too flippy. I've tried putting a little hyzer on it and that does the trick but it's a little too much left to right action for me to use on a lot of fairways.

one thing I forgot to consider
you are a hell of a lot closer to sea level than I am
at my altitude discs are a lot more stable and that may account for my different experience with the disc

I'm looking to buy a new OLF but I have the first runs. After they came out on the standard sirius run I tried one and it just wasnt as stable as the first runs. It kinda pissed me off so i stopped throwing them. My original 3 drivers are way to beat in to be effective for what i want them for. How does the Q plastic compare in stability to sirius from peoples experience? durability?
thanks

Twitter came with his announcement: COUNTDOWN TO RELEASE! 10 days and counting until the Polaris LS hits the market in Sirius Plastic!

Smyith said:
I'm looking to buy a new OLF but I have the first runs. After they came out on the standard sirius run I tried one and it just wasnt as stable as the first runs. It kinda pissed me off so i stopped throwing them. My original 3 drivers are way to beat in to be effective for what i want them for. How does the Q plastic compare in stability to sirius from peoples experience? durability?
thanks

That is exactly the opposite experience from most people. The 1.2 is more overstable in both HSS and LSS than the 1.1.

To answer the question, though, QOLFs are generally a touch more overstable than SOLFs in their respective runs (so a 1.2 QOLF is more overstable than a 1.2 SOLF, which is more overstable than a 1.1 QOLF, which is more overstable than a 1.1 SOLF, which is similar to a 1.2 MOLF, which is more overstable than a 1.1 MOLF). Clear as mud?

Is the difference in stablility between 1.1 and 1.2 MOLFs that noticeable? At my current level of ability I can push 1.1s out to about 360-380 on a good pull. Will the 1.2 take more ass to get the same D? I just ordered some 1.2 MOLFs and I'm hoping they can replace my depleted stock of 1.1s.

cmlasley said:
Smyith said:
thanks

That is exactly the opposite experience from most people. The 1.2 is more overstable in both HSS and LSS than the 1.1.

To answer the question, though, QOLFs are generally a touch more overstable than SOLFs in their respective runs (so a 1.2 QOLF is more overstable than a 1.2 SOLF, which is more overstable than a 1.1 QOLF, which is more overstable than a 1.1 SOLF, which is similar to a 1.2 MOLF, which is more overstable than a 1.1 MOLF). Clear as mud?

Im not talking about 1.1...im talking about the first runs with the bar stamp. but thanks for the info

BarrabusTheDiscGolfGnome said:
Is the difference in stablility between 1.1 and 1.2 MOLFs that noticeable? At my current level of ability I can push 1.1s out to about 360-380 on a good pull. Will the 1.2 take more ass to get the same D? I just ordered some 1.2 MOLFs and I'm hoping they can replace my depleted stock of 1.1s.

I don't really know. I've only thrown a 1.2 MOLF a few times, but that will change soon since I just lost my only 1.1 MOLF.

I'm too lazy to read all the million pages, so I just ask.

I think I'm falling in love with the 1.26 SS Omega. It's JUST right in stability. You can throw it hard or soft every way, and it acts just like you think it would. BH/FH hyzers, anhyzers, turnovers, straight, everything. It's so far the only putter I can throw over 200 feet forehand, and so far the only putter I think I can really count on forehands. WWW KC Aviars are just like that, but I don't know how to throw a good fh shot with a disc that deep.

My problem is simple: I hate the SS plastic in putting duties (I like to go with one putter mold), and I wouldn't mind a stiffer one on the teepad too. Are the new AP's anywhere near the 1.26 SS? Is there stiffer mutants in the 1.26 run?

Hey...I am really enjoying throwing SOLF for the past month. What disc would compliment SOLF but has more fade (LSS)? different disc brand?

Heavier SOLF during cold months? When it warms up, I can get a heavy QOLF that will be more stable than SOLF???

bucknuts said:
Hey...I am really enjoying throwing SOLF for the past month. What disc would compliment SOLF but has more fade (LSS)? different disc brand?

Heavier SOLF during cold months? When it warms up, I can get a heavy QOLF that will be more stable than SOLF???

I bought a 1.1 166 SOLF the other day and took it into the field against my trusty ND Surges (166-168).....

the result was that the SOLF needed just a dab more muscle. They were generally landing within 10-15 feet of each other but the problem is that the ND ESP feels much better than the Star plastic...more to come later..

What is the most popular millennium disc? I ask because we have a 1000 dollar sponsorship for discs to be used for Worlds and we were discussing which ones to get.

gator said:
What is the most popular millennium disc? I ask because we have a 1000 dollar sponsorship for discs to be used for Worlds and we were discussing which ones to get.

The Frank Delicious signature SOLF. PM me for details on ordering.

tumpsi said:
I'm too lazy to read all the million pages, so I just ask.

I think I'm falling in love with the 1.26 SS Omega. It's JUST right in stability. You can throw it hard or soft every way, and it acts just like you think it would. BH/FH hyzers, anhyzers, turnovers, straight, everything. It's so far the only putter I can throw over 200 feet forehand, and so far the only putter I think I can really count on forehands. WWW KC Aviars are just like that, but I don't know how to throw a good fh shot with a disc that deep.

My problem is simple: I hate the SS plastic in putting duties (I like to go with one putter mold), and I wouldn't mind a stiffer one on the teepad too. Are the new AP's anywhere near the 1.26 SS? Is there stiffer mutants in the 1.26 run?

gator said:

I would also think the Orion LF, but that might just be on here.

gator said:

Judging by the used bin at our PIAS it's the polaris ls, then again that may mean it is the least popular.

I'd vote for the OLF as well.

rooneytunes said:
gator said:

Judging by the used bin at our PIAS it's the polaris ls, then again that may mean it is the least popular.

I'd vote for the OLF as well.

Definitely the OLF, I'd get some in the Millennium Plastics as well as the Q plastic.= and might as well put some in for the Sirius as well for those who like that kind of plastic.

Latest posts