• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Can anyone help?

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=160757233999945&id=129814660427536&notif_t=like

so i threw that quasar. that thing is STABLE! def more so than a boss. it actually feels pretty good in hand. i like the plastic grip and ultra glitter.

Smyith said:
so i threw that quasar. that thing is STABLE! def more so than a boss. it actually feels pretty good in hand. i like the plastic grip and ultra glitter.

It is shorter than the Boss by a lot because of the added overstability. Mine is brand new with flashing. The flight plate has a lot of give and it may help in avoiding slips. Winds didn't seem to bother it. Headwind Boss.

I picked up a 1.1 S-Sentinel and a (no run?) QMS at a tournament yesterday, both are marked 180g. I threw both as my mids during a singles round today. I usually throw Comet/(sometimes Buzzz)/Hornet.

The Sentinel started to fade much earlier than a Hornet would on the same throw. This is exactly what I had been wanting when I first picked up a Hornet. On higher power throws, a Hornet just straightens out, whereas the Sentinel does some glide-fade. I'll definitely be bumping the Hornet for the Sentinel.

The QMS behaves more overstable than I would have expected, and I'm not sure if I'll be keeping it around. I have a mid-weight SMS that turns far more easily, where this one has almost no turn. I'm going to keep it around to see what else I can do with it. I was hoping it would have a bit more turn than it does.

I feel the newer QMS's are more overstable. Somtimes removing the flashing helps take away some of the stability. They are usually pretty stiff. I prefer the gummy runs as they are dead freakin straight...

Between my mid-weight SMS and the heavy Q, I have a good amount of shots covered, so the mild overstability won't be so bad. It did catch me off guard, though.

Question about Sirius Aurora MS:

Is there a micro bead somewhere underneath the huge flash? ..or is it all beadless? I started removing a lot of the flash but wasn't sure where the flash ends and the rim starts.

It's still very sharp.

Anyone?

Should be beadless but I know the Aurora MS has a small bead looking thing now(not just flashing). The sirius I have looked at seems to be more flashing and not really a bead

and oh yeah

The Quasar is still awesome

JR said:
Smyith said:

It is shorter than the Boss by a lot because of the added overstability. Mine is brand new with flashing. The flight plate has a lot of give and it may help in avoiding slips. Winds didn't seem to bother it. Headwind Boss.

Deflashed I managed to see just a touch of high speed turn in my Quasar (domey merlot 175). It is much more predictable than the Boss as it can turn and come back where the Boss likes to just hold the turn. It must be faster than the Boss because I'm getting very similar distance though the Quasar clearly has a little less glide. In a disc like this, a little more speed and a little less glide is definitely a good thing. It just so happens that this disc fits almost perfectly between the two distance drivers already in my bag (Sword and NukeOS). Right at the point of head/crosswind where I'm worried about the Sword, but where the OS would still be way too much, the Quasar shines. So Millennium is back in the bag. Besides that it just feels better in my hand than the Boss (actually it kind feels like a domey NukeOS). With the fade and less glide it's easier to range on hyzers as well. It is my favorite max speed driver yet, that is without a doubt. It just has a combination of distance potential and predictability that the Boss, Nuke, etc lack. It fades strong, but a max rim superfast disc should have a strong fade. It's not a scalpel, it's a butcher knife.

Spike said:
Question about Sirius Aurora MS:

Is there a micro bead somewhere underneath the huge flash? ..or is it all beadless? I started removing a lot of the flash but wasn't sure where the flash ends and the rim starts.

It's still very sharp.

Anyone?
My 1.1's don't have any bead.

JR said:
Smyith said:

Interesting... I only throw the Quasar sidearm and my deflashed 172 has without question better glide than the Boss or Destroyer. I could only get the Boss to go around 250'. Destroyer 275' or so. I got the Quasar out to 360' once but usually throw it for a controlled "straight and then fade" 300'. Not long by any standard but still. Maybe it's the softer grippier plastic that aids in my added D. It's just easier for me to throw more consistently.

Steady 26542 said:
Interesting... I only throw the Quasar sidearm and my deflashed 172 has without question better glide than the Boss or Destroyer. I could only get the Boss to go around 250'. Destroyer 275' or so. I got the Quasar out to 360' once but usually throw it for a controlled "straight and then fade" 300'. Not long by any standard but still. Maybe it's the softer grippier plastic that aids in my added D. It's just easier for me to throw more consistently.

IMO FH shots don't really spin enough to show how much glide a disc has (there are a few guys like G.Bennett who get a lot of spin on the FHs, but they are rare exceptions). They do however showcase a disc's speed, and with the ability of the Quasar to start turned and come back consistently (much more so than the Boss) I can see how you could get better D out of it. I still think that the Boss has a bit more max D potential due to the extra weight in the rim, but it's hard to harness.

discspeed said:
JR said:
Smyith said:

Deflashed I managed to see just a touch of high speed turn in my Quasar (domey merlot 175). It is much more predictable than the Boss as it can turn and come back where the Boss likes to just hold the turn. It must be faster than the Boss because I'm getting very similar distance though the Quasar clearly has a little less glide. In a disc like this, a little more speed and a little less glide is definitely a good thing. It just so happens that this disc fits almost perfectly between the two distance drivers already in my bag (Sword and NukeOS). Right at the point of head/crosswind where I'm worried about the Sword, but where the OS would still be way too much, the Quasar shines. So Millennium is back in the bag. Besides that it just feels better in my hand than the Boss (actually it kind feels like a domey NukeOS). With the fade and less glide it's easier to range on hyzers as well. It is my favorite max speed driver yet, that is without a doubt. It just has a combination of distance potential and predictability that the Boss, Nuke, etc lack. It fades strong, but a max rim superfast disc should have a strong fade. It's not a scalpel, it's a butcher knife.

Wish I would have had time to play while here in Florida, I just arrived, but the discs had to stay home. To many meetings. Plus I thought Irene was going to open a can of whoop ass.
I really wanted to see what the Quasar did at this altitude. Glad ya like it. I am so happy about the disc.

Fritz said:
Wish I would have had time to play while here in Florida, I just arrived, but the discs had to stay home. To many meetings. Plus I thought Irene was going to open a can of whoop ass.
I really wanted to see what the Quasar did at this altitude. Glad ya like it. I am so happy about the disc.

I'll bet you are happy...This one was a long time coming. I'd say it was worth the wait though. Otherwise Millennium might have ended up with the Groove. :lol:

@discpseed, yes I was soooo excited when they released the Quasar. It's been a much needed disc in the Millennium line. Now we just need to work on Ned to give us a overstable putter :)
Call it the Stardust (ZJ's idea) or the Alpha (My idea), then we can have the Alpha and the Omega in our bags. The end all be all for putters :twisted:

Well for stardust I meant the plastic, like the quasar was in. The name Alpha is pretty much the only logical one