• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Aviar p&a

The original P&A's had what was called the "Hands On" stamp, which transitioned to the chains stamp. The chains stamp ran pretty much through the 90's, the barstamp was '00-'02 or '03 and sometime in '03 the swoosh stamp came out. I forget when the switch back to beadless was, it was sometime in the '00's.

I was waiting for you to chime in! So it's four stamps since the "Hands On" and "Chains" are different.
Takeaway is yes, both beadless and small bead existed for DX San Marino P&A's. Cool.

I had never really paid attention and thought DT was just Millenniumspeak for XT. :\

And I thought XT was an attempt to make the Stiff DX from the 2000's to have a Plastic more durable then DX but still able to cycle for those who find Pro to have too much grip or whatever the case is and do not use KC Pro as they do not like the two molds that comes in.

XT is the Omega ET :D

It doesn't help they were released pretty close to each other.
Whelp, an Omega DT retails for about $2 more than a classic Aviar, so if it is the same plastic you are paying $2 for a really tiny bead. :|

The regular runs of Omega SS are R-Pro and the Omega AP is Pro plastic. Neither of them are run in any sort of DX; the baseline plastic for Millennium is Pro.

Sorry, I got it mixed up with the Guru Mjølner, which is a small bead aviar in the classic aviar dx

Sorry, I got it mixed up with the Guru Mjølner, which is a small bead aviar in the classic aviar dx
That's cool; it's already been established that I'm full of it in this thread. :\ Guru Mjølner is a new one on me; golf discs used to be so much easier.

...golf discs used to be so much easier.
Yup. Heard that! :)

On topic, I still haven't thrown a better Aviar PandA that is better than the plain Jane DX.
XT is my second favorite. Maybe it would be my favorite plastic... if I could stick with one putter mold long enough to break in an XT PandA hahaha.

On topic, I still haven't thrown a better Aviar PandA that is better than the plain Jane DX.
XT is my second favorite. Maybe it would be my favorite plastic... if I could stick with one putter mold long enough to break in an XT PandA hahaha.
How have we gone this long with "PandA" not being how we all refer to them? :eek:

Stealing, not giving credit...

Also, how could you have this knowledge and NOT have turned this into one of your killer stamps yet? :disappointedmotherfacesmiley:

Also, how could you have this knowledge and NOT have turned this into one of your killer stamps yet? :disappointedmotherfacesmiley:
LOL, thanks :)
I did a sharpie version on a DX PandA... and have plans for a stamps soon-ish. Gotta get rid of the virus shenanigans first.

inspired by the "laocoon and his sons" statue. This specific DX PandA is super neutral and is an absolute joy to throw. The plastic is a little on the soft side which doesn't bother me. Agrippier texture is the only thing that would make it the perfect PandA.
panda-small-with-lines.jpg

That's cool; it's already been established that I'm full of it in this thread. :\ Guru Mjølner is a new one on me; golf discs used to be so much easier.

That they did, I wish not really new brands were not just popping up left and right only to have some stop a few years later as they did not want to keep making the discs or could not make it financially whatever the case may be. Even worse is if the disc brand sold its molds or rights to use the molds and another company is making the molds with another name and other plastic types, then you have to search for the new discs and find them if you liked the molds. Also Innova now has molds that literally are on top of another mold still being made, Shark 3 and Lion are a great example of two different molds that fly the same. The Colt and XD+ are nearly the same mold, they even feel really really similar but just different enough barely.

Also how most brands have now more then 3-4 plastics in the regular lineup Including Innova and Discraft. I am all for better more durable plastic or ones with better grip but when a plastic line up is so large it is confusing to the new player, something needs to change.

Last edited:
Eh...there are XD threads and Colt threads where we can expand on how bad the Colt is as an XD replacement. You guys need to focus on the Aviar PandA!

*gets excited about a 37-year-old disc*