• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

I need something to place between my Opto Pure and premi JOKERi. I now carry a Shield but it just doesn't feel right in the hand leading to some bad releases every now and then.
Would an Envy be the same as a Shield stabilitywise?
Very HSS with little to no fade at the end?

E: and in what plastic?

Sorry, 5 min. monster. Clarify: unless a low ceiling I use my putters pretty much for everything 300' and under.

I need something to place something between my Opto Pure and premi JOKERi. I now carry a Shield but it just doesn't feel right in the hand leading to some bad releases every now and then.

Grab a 165g Neutron Envy. The fade is Almost nonexistent and the HSS is stout.

The Proxy is a fantastic disc but most folks who have thrown them say they're basically a Pure competitor.

If you can get your hands on a used but not abused Neutron Envy it will have little to no fade but still have a strong HSS. I personally like the soft N envy it has a bit more fade than the regular N and P, and the plastic seems to hold up to tree whacks better than the P I had before.

I went from carrying Zone/PA2/Pure to Zone/Watermelon Envy/Neutron Proxy. The Envy and Proxy can be quite similar, but right now this is working well enough for me.

I need something to place something between my Opto Pure and premi JOKERi. I now carry a Shield but it just doesn't feel right in the hand leading to some bad releases every now and then.

A Pure, Envy and really overstable putter (Zone for me) is a awesome putter lineup. Heavier Proton is stable enough to hold hyzers really well and pull out of annys for flex shots. I'd suggest also trying the Pure in Zero plastic, spoiler alert, it's even better in base plastic for upshots and turnovers.

A Pure, Envy and really overstable putter (Zone for me) is a awesome putter lineup. Heavier Proton is stable enough to hold hyzers really well and pull out of annys for flex shots. I'd suggest also trying the Pure in Zero plastic, spoiler alert, it's even better in base plastic for upshots and turnovers.

Yeah! Already carrying a beat medium pure for turnovers and hit 'n stick approaches. A 300' late turn shot with it is a thing of beauty!

I'm leaning to buy two max weight(everything I throw not incl. Max D drivers is max weight) neutrons. Courses here are rough covered with trees and rocks so should be able to break one in in no time. Really digging the looks of white-on-white rainbow stamps.

I have bagged all these discs, so here goes. An Envy is perfectly between the jOKERI and Pure. The Envy will resist torque better than a Shield and fly farther.
I still use my premium jOKERI on super windy days, but it takes very strong gusts to blow around an Envy.

Grab a 165g Neutron Envy. The fade is Almost nonexistent and the HSS is stout.

The Proxy is a fantastic disc but most folks who have thrown them say they're basically a Pure competitor.

Maybe, but the Proxy has entirely different "hand feel". The Atom was what kicked the Pure out of my bag.

The Envy and Proxy can be quite similar.

I agree with this. Seems to me, the harder I throw them, the closer they get in flight.

Powered down shots is where the Envy's fade really shows itself over the Proxy's. On a full power drive, my beat Envy and new Proxy are almost the same.

Had the chance to throw tons of flick up-shots with Envys this weekend...Envy, you're "still the one," baby.

Stand by the advantages of carrying a soft and regular, now especially.

My 168g envy has noticeable more LSS when put on a anny or low line skip shot over the max weight Ion/proxy which want to skip FW and hold the anny.

My current stack of Wizards are starting to wear out and I'm considering getting something else for my next batch. I do enjoy my Wizards inside the circle, but after getting a "hard" N Envy for upshots and the tee I have completely fallen in love with it. It's such an amazing disc. However I don't like the slick N plastic inside the circle, its too slick for me to get the confidence I need. So I'm considering getting some soft Envys. How is the soft plastic in comparison to the hard? Is it more grippy? Does anybody use soft Envys inside the circle, have you used SSS Wizards before, and if so, how does the soft N plastic compare to SSS?

Obviously the softer flight plate will have more give so better grip but its still neutron. You need to season the plastic if you dont want it to feel glossy.

A few year old neutron putter feels $ compared to new and still dont lose stability. I only really drive with my soft neutron ions dont like softer discs for putting. Wobble wobble shake it shake it.

FWIW newer runs of neutron seem extra tacky and better grip in general like a hint of plasma has been thrown in or somethingggg.

I'm surprised MVP hasn't put out Electron versions of their other putters yet. Don't say priorities, they have the molds and they have Electron, it would be easy enough to crank out some runs.

I suspect they're reworking Electron into a new baseline plastic due to mixed reviews of their first attempt. Too bad. I love the soft grippy overmold on the Atom for sticking to chains. I don't find the flight plate too soft for throwing either. Try a Soft Magnet or Omega SS and you'll be cured of that thinking pronto.

I ordered a atom with this recent order after they were restocked and this new run seems identical to the first production atoms. If they are doing anything to the plastic i think it might just get an entire different name.

I used the soft envy for a putting putter for a couple months. It performs great inside 20ft or so but that 20to40ish range its starts getting a fade, and I kept running a lot of those by on the left side or spitting off the chains. If you do more of a push putt I couldn't give you a review for that, my putt is a heavy spin. The grip kinda depends on the one you get, some are even more gummy and tacky than others. But as soon as you get it don't be afraid to rub it upside down on a teepad just to wear a bit of the gloss off. You will have to pay attention to drying them off well when its cold outside, cause a thin sheet of moisture can make them a touch slippery, like any premium plastic.

I have had success putting with both. Like Aim said if you can keep wearing in your reg N it will become more and more grippy. The soft is a bit grippier when new but will also get grippier with age.

For me the plasma has been dead center of the two and the Plasma Ion is my main putter. It has also worn in beautifully.

In my experience if you can be patient and let them wear in over time without trying to intentionally beat them in the results are superior.

I have had success putting with both. Like Aim said if you can keep wearing in your reg N it will become more and more grippy. The soft is a bit grippier when new but will also get grippier with age.

For me the plasma has been dead center of the two and the Plasma Ion is my main putter. It has also worn in beautifully.

In my experience if you can be patient and let them wear in over time without trying to intentionally beat them in the results are superior.
Do you find plasma gets too soft in the warmer weather or do you like softer putters in general. Been thinking of snagging a plasma ion to putt with but I'm not particularly fond of soft putters.

Latest posts