• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Proxy

I did the Envy/Proxy pairing last year, and the problem I had was on approaches. They are the best driving putters available, but the same attributes that make them great driving putters also make them mediocre approach discs. I found them too fast and torque resistant to use for things like touch anny approaches around trees. I think if I were to try to fully rely on Evies/Proxies as my main putter molds again, I would likely only do so if I also carried something slow and lid-like for approaches.

I honestly really like approaching with my proxy. But I FH my zone quite a bit too and don't really use proxy or Envy on anny much. I could see your point there

Once an Ohm beats in it might replace my Proxy. While they are similar they are also a bit different. I find that the Ohm is like my OG Proton Anodes when they were like "glass". The Electron Entropy has been the really game changer. It might even be that I whittle down to the Entropy in various plastics and the Ohm (if it is every released in Electron). Or, if I like the Electron Proxy as my putter once that comes out. But the Serpent has just been great. Alas, not gyro but I was getting tired of how fast Electron plastic was changing the Pilots flight. Maybe the new Electron blend coming with the Electron Proxy will be longer lasting. Not sure about the feel though.

I have a pair of new E Anodes with that rubbery feel. Is it the same? If so, I absolutely love it! It's an incredible mix of decent firmness and tremendous grip. I'm hoping the E matrixes are that blend too.

I have a pair of new E Anodes with that rubbery feel. Is it the same? If so, I absolutely love it! It's an incredible mix of decent firmness and tremendous grip. I'm hoping the E matrixes are that blend too.

No idea. New blend isn't out until the Proxies. The last run of Electron was the Winter Circuit. I have an Electron Entropy and that has stood up better than Electron in any of the other putter molds. Some colors were closer to soft and others closer to firm. Electron Stabilizers were super hard. It might bode well for the new Electron. We will have to wait and see.

I've been bagging two Envy's for my throwing putters lately. An electron firm that is pretty much a dead straight flyer and holds anny lines very well and a neutron or neutron soft depending on the day for flights that need a little fade at the end or that will hold a hyzer without flipping up.

Ordered another Envy because finding white discs in the snow isn't fun and since it doesn't make sense to pay shipping for just one disc I added a Proxy to my order. Going to try it and see if it does similar things as my electron Envy and might try the Proxy/Envy combo for a bit just to see how I like it.

Anybody get there Electron Proxys? Ordered mine yesterday but won't have them in hand for a few days.

I'm in the same boat. Should have several coming any day now.
this is a really exciting disc so it will get tested real quickly. I'll report back here after 1 round and 1 field practice. Maybe video too... depending on how busy I am.

Ah man I should've waited for an electron! I bought the soft neutron proxy earlier this week. I still love it, but like my electron envy more feel wise.
yeah, Electron is where it's at IMO.

Did MVP use the exact same mold for the Electron Proxy compared to all other plastics? I remember reading somewhere that the Electron Envy used a different mold than standard Envies (and I always felt the Electron Envy felt a little different, too).

Could anyone compare the Neutron Proxy & Big Z Roach as throwers?

Proxy is a little faster, not as floaty. Pretty similar line.

Thanks. Seems like the Proxy is the most popular MVP/Axiom straight p&a mold.

I'm familiar with the Resistor & Servo but haven't tried too much else from them.

I'm familiar with the Resistor & Servo but haven't tried too much else from them.

They are cool, will take a little more power than a Roach and resist turning. If they'd been available in electron a couple years ago I probably would have committed some time trying them as a putter and thrower.

That ship has sailed though, I'm committed to the Roach. That just sounds odd to say.

The Proxy isn't really much of a putter. It's way too fast for that, it fades pretty hard when used for putting. It doesn't float like a putter. It likes flying low, fast lines like a driver

The Proxy isn't really much of a putter. It's way too fast for that, it fades pretty hard when used for putting. It doesn't float like a putter. It likes flying low, fast lines like a driver

Sounds like something I need to try & see if it fits my game.

I like my Neutron Proxy for short Comet-like shots. I basically throw it the same way I throw my Comet. I love this mold/plastic combo; it isn't as pure as the Comet but it's pretty close. Not sure if that helps you decide how well it fits your game.

Neutron is the only plastic I've tried for this mold. My Electrons should be showing up any day now.

Ah man I should've waited for an electron! I bought the soft neutron proxy earlier this week. I still love it, but like my electron envy more feel wise.

Nah, SOFT PROXY IS WHERE IT'S AT! You did really well. I always wanted an electron proxy for putting purposes though... can get both

You could do pretty well with a Berg/Proxy combo. Berg for short and hyzers, Proxy for long and straight. Both have a similar HSS in my opinion, meaning you can force them over if you try but they will naturally withstand more OAT and wind than most putters.

The electron better be noticeably more understable than the soft neutron. Otherwise, my Rekos will be in jeopardy of losing their spot. I LOVE the stability of the soft neutron but I just can't range the distance as well as my base plastic Rekos. Base plastic proxies that out of box have a similar stability to a premium plastic Proxy would be SOO nice for both throwing and putting.

Does the Proxy rim have some chunk to it? Something to grab onto? Thats one thing I really like about the Roach.

Does the Proxy rim have some chunk to it? Something to grab onto? Thats one thing I really like about the Roach.

I'd say so. I've never felt the roach and have embarrassingly small hands for an average sized guy but the proxy feels great in terms of profile/ depth. It's low profile in that the shoulder/ top are streamlined and don't feel bulky but it has a medium depth to it. It FEELS deeper to me than the Envy (I don't know that it measures deeper but it feels deeper in my grips)...

Latest posts