• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BAD FORM?

its best to get a video from directly behind and then perpendicular to the tee pad for analysis.

Hard to tell from the video angle exactly where the throwing planes are being hit and disc position etc... I made the same mistake posting my first video back in the DGR form review days and was able to get a lot more help from a better shot video.

Stance looks to be a little open with head up and reach back appears tight but hard to tell again due to angle.

IMO one of the best videos out there on DG technique is this one:

Your disc golf throws need work. But your music is much better! :thmbup:

I don't know if anyone's aware ... but this is FA/C ... SW hasn't posted yet ... and we're on page 4. (Not that there's anything wrong with that)

Backhand:
Get your off-hand off the disc. It forces a rounded throw, and generally messes up some throwing planes.

Forehand:
I wouldn't start backward like that. It's probably a lot of motion (motion=inaccuracy) for not a lot of distance.

Film landscape, and from 90* off your intended line.

As was said, the typical side and behind angles are needed. From this it looks like you may be rounding your throw instead of pulling straight through, and you definitely aren't getting your elbow out front. That's where the snap comes from...getting that elbow out to the right position before "throwing" with your arm. It's weird but when you get this right, your wrist suddenly flings the disc automatically. Also, are you letting go of the disc or having it rip out?

As was said, the typical side and behind angles are needed. From this it looks like you may be rounding your throw instead of pulling straight through, and you definitely aren't getting your elbow out front. That's where the snap comes from...getting that elbow out to the right position before "throwing" with your arm. It's weird but when you get this right, your wrist suddenly flings the disc automatically. Also, are you letting go of the disc or having it rip out?

I feel like I'm letting it go.

I just need someone to help me in person rather than all of this internet ****. In my mind, I feel like I have everything down, because I have watched the videos. I just can't execute!

This girl is in desperate need of a frolfing buddy

I just need someone to help me in person rather than all of this internet ****. In my mind, I feel like I have everything down, because I have watched the videos. I just can't execute!

But you said in your other thread...

"It's funny to me because guys are always approaching me always attempting to give me tips and show off their knowledge of the game. What they don't know is that I am pretty knowledgeable myself! Silly men, always thinking women need a knight in shining armor"

Girl, you a little cray cray :eek:

But you said in your other thread...

"It's funny to me because guys are always approaching me always attempting to give me tips and show off their knowledge of the game. What they don't know is that I am pretty knowledgeable myself! Silly men, always thinking women need a knight in shining armor"

Girl, you a little cray cray :eek:

There is a difference in a genuine frolfing buddy and the creeps that hang out at the park preying on young females looking for a piece. BIG difference :)

I feel like I'm letting it go.

Speakin my language. But "the videos" aren't really the videos.

Have you checked out the Right Pec Drill?

1:thmbup:

I get lost easily. 10 is a little much most days.

Looks like you are releasing nose up and coming from your hip up to your shoulder on your release. Keep the nose angle down by acting like you are shaking someone's hand. Check out Mike C's video on backhand grip to see what I am referring to. Also, work on coming out level until you get the nose down. Instead of your arm coming up from your hip to your shoulder, try making it more ---- like that. Once you get the nose down worked out, then you can slowly get more air on your shots and you should see some distance improvements rather quickly.

Like others have mentioned, you are rounding significantly. Go check out heavydisc.com and read his stuff about the pull through and the wide rail shot. Arm power/strength isn't a factor when you are implementing simple leverage. At that point, physics takes over and your shot becomes pretty effortless. Good luck and keep us updated.

don't have much time, work's been kicking my ass.

TlFIGCI.png

1. Back heal off the ground. Don't let it touch the ground and it'll really help you push into a better posture.
2. You're trying to look at the target during the back-swing. This will screw up timing. Keep your head looking perpendicular to your release until the extension of your forearm and let your shoulders bring your head through.
3. As others have said, backswing should stay very wide of your body.

Avrjccu.png

Timing is off here because of the stuff above, but honestly not that bad. In a complete generality, I've noticed that women tend to be less likely to try to muscle it quite as badly as men. You're still doing what we'd call "strong arming" - and as you get the backswing wider, you'll hopefully be able to feel that by bracing against the plant foot - the elbow will want to drive forward of your shoulder.

Good luck and welcome.

Good tip about where you look during the backswing. I hadn't thought about it, but I tend to actually look back at the disc, and I bet that's what's causing a lot of my erratic disc behaviors.

Here, you can see her pushing off her rear instep/toe.

It's not that she's driving off the heel - it's that getting up on the ball of that back foot will change her posture for the better and I swear by it... that motion has done wonders for me.

Makes the knee torsion more accessible.
Makes you lean forward over the disc.
Engages your rear calf for force.

Agree with most of what's been said already. It's not as bad as I was expecting.

1. Numero uno of importance. You shouldn't be letting go of the disc from your grip. You want to clamp down hard on the disc at the end of the throw, you will see Paige's hand is still closed after "release".

2. With the disc ripping out of your grip, you will need to close your front side stance a little so that your arm and release point is more inline to your shoulders with the target. Since you are letting go of the disc, you are facing the target more than you should.

3. You turn too far backward in both BH and FH(especially FH). BH your throwing arm/disc should be straight back from the target, your shoulders are fine, but your arm/disc ends up wrapping or hugging around your body, so the disc is traveling around in a circle instead of a straighter line to the target from the reachback.

FH I've never seen someone turn the shoulders as far back as you do. This makes it hard to get your balance onto your front leg during the throw. You should feel like your chin is right on top your front foot before you really start to throw. You want to stride more forward or sideways rather than turning your whole body backwards.

4. You turn backward too early for better rhythm in the throw and to really turn your front side into the rear leg and load up your core torque. Watch how Paige stays more forward until the last second and turns back as her front foot is landing. You will also note she stays more on her rear toes and her rear heel comes all the way up during the throw as her balance is completely on the front leg.

It's not that she's driving off the heel - it's that getting up on the ball of that back foot will change her posture for the better and I swear by it... that motion has done wonders for me.

Makes the knee torsion more accessible.
Makes you lean forward over the disc.
Engages your rear calf for force.

Gotchya